• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I don't mean to be cold here, but with firearms ownership comes a responsibility to keep them secure. Circumstances aside, your friend failed to do this. He now needs to get over himself and realize that this mistake affects more than just him.

A lethal weapon could be in the hands of anyone and could harm or kill anyone. His responsibility is now a must. He must report this to the professionals we pay to handle this very dangerous problem!

I will point out also that you, with knowledge of this situation, have a responsibility to force your friend to report this to the police or do it for him.

Well believe me i did tell him when he told me he should tell the police, and like my few posts above i also stated he has done so, but yeah i kinda realized he should of told the police when he told me seeing about a year ago i ended up having to notify the police myself when my own dad came here and stole a Walther P1 i had. I found out later he used it to trade to some dude in down town muncie for a bag of Crack.:xmad:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    How much time and effort are the already burdened police going to put into the theft of one gun and $1500?

If someone doesn't turncoat or confess, I think he might as well look for new friends and buy a new pistol......

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Exactly. Thats why when i originally posted i was asking if there were anyways other then police on how he could find the pistol...but i guess the police are the only option given all the responses. and seeing he has already talked to them..i guess all he can do is wait. But I doubt he'll find it. I never got my gun back either.:noway:

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    How much time and effort are the already burdened police going to put into the theft of one gun and $1500?

If someone doesn't turncoat or confess, I think he might as well look for new friends and buy a new pistol......

Sparkyfender is right, the police aren't going to spend any time investigating this. But, the main reason for reporting a stolen gun is not to get the gun back, it's to cover your @$$ if that thing is used in a crime. If your pal has not immediately reported this theft the question begs to be asked. Where did he get the $1500 and the gun? The only reason I can see why someone would not want to report this is because they can't answer those questions.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    i must be hanging with the wrong people. None of us would have $1500 cash laying around the house. If I did have that much out, it would be on my body some way at all times. The pistol, I can't say much there as I just keep mine laying around the house. Of course being old and crotchety, not many people are allowed in and if they are I keep an eye on them.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You really gotta watch that guy.
    At least his wife wasn't there. She's a real nutcase. ;)

But back to the topic... Blue, don't take all the assumptions about your friend too personally. If we're jumping to those conclusions here, people who are trained to look for dishonesty (police) are going to jump to those conclusions faster. If I'm reading your posts correctly, it sounds like your friend has been to the police. Good for him. The guys here are right... it's more to cover his butt in case the gun is used in a crime (and there's been a lot of that lately), especially if Brizzi is going to go through with the Project EVICT thing. I'd encourage him to keep asking, but stay safe.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...the police aren't going to spend any time investigating this.
    How much time and effort are the already burdened police going to put into the theft of one gun...?

These statements are correct. Very good chance of little or no investigation. Likelihood of recovering the money or gun is slim to none.

That being said, reporting of this type of crime to the police should not be trivialized. Besides covering your buddies own ass, it cannot be known what the cops may already know about these "friends." This could be vital information to them, from intensifying investigations to officer safety.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    BTW gun purchases are not logged into a database of who purchased the gun; at least in IN. Those specific details would be harder to find, and even more difficult if the gun were purchased used.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Old post i know, but my friend who's gun was stolen a few months back, my other friend told me last night, that my friend who's gun was stolen, told me he was told that my friend found his SW40VE. Apparently space case forgot where he left it. He told me that he was at his mom's house and found it stuffed under the mattress in his old bedroom.......... -_-
    Not sure if he ever found the rest of his money though.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    go take the gun away from him...
    if he can't remember where he left it he does not need to have it..

i have 'mis placed' guns before, only in forgetting which vault its in...
    +1 if you can misplace a firearm, you shouldn't possess one.

'I remember leaving it in that stroller, then where did I put it????.......' :):

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    actually if you took the time to read the above post, you would have seen that my friend found the gun, he had left it at his parent's house.

Top Bottom