• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    All was not calm, nor was it bright. My shift worked two domestics resulting in arrests. Two crashes - one dead/one injured in one, two dead and three injured in the other. S/E district had a pursuit of a stolen vehicle and East district had a pursuit of robbery suspects driving a stolen vehicle. There used to be an unwritten rule that people didn't do stupid **** on Christmas Eve. I guess it needs to be written down.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Shut your pie hole, Christmas Day is just starting and I don't want to do a single thing. One Christmas Day a few years ago I remember a homicide/stabbing that was straight out of a horror movie, man that was a lot of blood.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    All was not calm, nor was it bright. My shift worked two domestics resulting in arrests. Two crashes - one dead/one injured in one, two dead and three injured in the other. S/E district had a pursuit of a stolen vehicle and East district had a pursuit of robbery suspects driving a stolen vehicle. There used to be an unwritten rule that people didn't do stupid **** on Christmas Eve. I guess it needs to be written down.

Sounds like these people have wrecking a holiday down to an art and a science.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    It is for me. It would be better if we could just gather for a family meal instead of having all the pressure of the gifts and that stuff.

My mother in law made a proposal for next year b/c she said she struggled finding gifts for everyone and worrying if they would like them or not. Rather than everyone getting presents for everyone she wants to draw one name and get one present for that person. Then we can take the extra money that is normally spent and go do something as a family. Society in general has definitely forgotten the true reason for the season.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My mother in law made a proposal for next year b/c she said she struggled finding gifts for everyone and worrying if they would like them or not. Rather than everyone getting presents for everyone she wants to draw one name and get one present for that person. Then we can take the extra money that is normally spent and go do something as a family. Society in general has definitely forgotten the true reason for the season.

You need to have your mother in law join INGO so I can rep her for that!

It is for me. It would be better if we could just gather for a family meal instead of having all the pressure of the gifts and that stuff.

This is pretty much what we do. I stuff cards for the nieces and nephews. Of course, they are still young enough to be happy with Jacksons and aren't disappointed when they don't see Benjamins.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI

For us it would be nice to have a family meal period. We can't invite my wife's brother because his daughters will not attend a gathering that includes his second wife. Yes, his wife is a pain, but I hate family politics. Merry Christmas to all.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sounds like these people have wrecking a holiday down to an art and a science.

Some of them will have to be satisfied with a posthumous award.

smileys-applause-895915.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Driving back downtown Indy from Broad Ripple in a straight shot down College. Could not believe all the cop cars and ambulances running emergency lights. I pulled over for police and fire 3 times between 54th and Georgia on College.

Cobber, everything ok back in Lafayette?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    To the LEO folks here. Thank you for sacrificing so that the city can have you out there.

for those on duty today near Washington & Emerson in Indy

The good gas station there opens back up at 11. Drop in and see me until 2. All I can do is offer you a coffee or fountain drink, free, as usual. Ask for Patti

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    While not particularly religious the capitalists and *******s ruined it for me many moons ago. Now it's just a day off with pay unless one of my co-workers needs it off to spend time with his children before it is ruined for them.

Top Bottom