• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    New or Used that sounds like a deal to me! My BDE new ran me 449, 466.13 after tax. :D I'd jump on that CZ and stock up on Mags ASAP as prices on everything are looking to jump big time at the first of the year!

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I will have to give them a call. As I am interested at picking up a Pre B. Or two :D along with another Beretta 92FS Inox.

As for Jericho's I did have a stainless one awhile back that i picked up for $350. This is what she looked like. Sold her because one of the 10 round mags it came with broke, and i couldn't find replacement mags here for it. Regardless of mag cap. >_<

21jtb9y.jpg

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    CZ 75

There are no bad ones. Some people like the pre B's because there is no firing pin block and they like the CLASSIC look better. They do sell a lot of guns at Blythes, even befor the Obamanation era. I'm going there Saturday and I will check to see if they have any pre B's left. Some of the yougner guys do not know what a CZ looks like.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Differences

This is a CZ75 B = Note the ring hammer, and hook type trigger guard.

17qwqs.jpg

This is a Pre B CZ 75. Also could be known as the 1st gen or CZ 75 A.

jg60jk.jpg

As you can see the one above has a spur hammer, with a round trigger guard. Also as noted earlier it lacks a firing pin block. Also as stated too, i think they look nicer :D

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    CZ 75

Bluedragon: I just got back from Blythes in Griffith. If you are still interested they DO have two pre B 75's. They are in the case not on the wall. I told one of the guys behind the counter about you calling and getting told they did not have any.:xmad:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just an FYI for the CZ guys, Hogue is making some new G10 grips for the full size CZ lineup right now, they just ran the first samples and are working from there. I LOVE CZs, but I favor the more compact versions over the full size for myself.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Bluedragon: I just got back from Blythes in Griffith. If you are still interested they DO have two pre B 75's. They are in the case not on the wall. I told one of the guys behind the counter about you calling and getting told they did not have any.:xmad:

Oh well that figures, thats not the first time, ive had that happen to me. Actually more like the third! >_< Just wondering did they have the factory Pre B grips installed?

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Oh well that figures, thats not the first time, ive had that happen to me. Actually more like the third! >_< Just wondering did they have the factory Pre B grips installed?

Bluedragon: I believe they are original and have not been modified in any way.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hmm this is really tempting. I might have to make the trip to get one. :D Heh just wondering, how did they react or did they say anything about someone calling and asking about their cz75's? and in turn saying they didn't carry any?

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    CZ at Blythes

Hmm this is really tempting. I might have to make the trip to get one. :D Heh just wondering, how did they react or did they say anything about someone calling and asking about their cz75's? and in turn saying they didn't carry any?

The guy I talked to seemed surprised, and assured me he knew what a CZ 75 was. If you do call, remember to tell them they are in the case in front not on the wall.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah i just called tonight, and reminded them that the guns were "in the case" He told me they were, but only had one left. Hopefully if no one else grabs it, I plan to buy it by the end of this month, or the start of this coming month :D

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've had numerous CZ's loved all of them, and I currently have an olive drab P01 and it has the best trigger action of all of them to date. (owned a 75-BD, PCR, CZ-40 and a compact 75 in 40)

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why a CZ, what about other companies that make similar guns?
    For the money, it is one of the best buys out there. You get an all metal, alloy or steel depending on the model pistol that is generally accurate out of the box and all I've ever had to do with them is shoot them in.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    CZ Ms are great. I would say that the SP01 is their best. Its sort of a flagship gun, like Smith's older 4506s and other large guns. The SP01 in the metal frame (not to be confused with the newer poly framed models) in 9mm is ideal. Huge capacity, longer barrel, good sights and heavier weight which really dampens the recoil (if any) of 9mm. One can really pound a target quickly using the SP01.

GunGuy: CZs are all steel (which, for the money spent is a great deal for an all steel gun), very accurate, EXTREMELY ergonomic, easy to carry despite extra steel weight, wonderful pointability and beautiful lines. Like all guns, its a question of choice and preference. Why a Glock? Why a Beretta? The list goes on and on. It's personal perference towards grip and function. I would be some folks here would say "Just get a Glock". But in terms of elegance and beauty, the Glock is lacking. Some folks like steel and some folks like elegance to a weapon. For carry I like my G19. For shooting, I like my 1911s. Form and function can be had in one package. A Glock is perfect for a non-shooter, someone that will run a few boxes through it here and there, but will throw it loaded into their bedside drawer in case of danger. But not all people are like that.

Top Bottom