• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yeah, I can open the safe in about 2 seconds (non-panic mode obviously). It's a trade off that we simply need to make. It's that, or no weapon at all.

Same here. With grandchildren running around most of the week, my wife and son made it clear that any guns would be locked in a good safe or no more visits. As for holstering, I never store my handguns in their holsters (leather) for fear of corrosion, especially in the hot summer months. As soon as I get home I remove them, wipe them down good with a treated cleaning cloth and stick them in the safe.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Eventually, this is one thing you need to watch out for. I carry every day, all day, everywhere I go. It has become such a normal part of my day, that I rarely think about it anymore. The danger there is, I have kids in school, and can't forget when I'm going by the school for something! Hasn't happened yet, thank God! (Uh-oh, I mentioned God...hope I don't get the "Ban-Hammer")

Reported.

:laugh:

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    After a while it will be natural and the first time your CC in a dark parking garage in Indy you'll feel very comforted.

ghstrdr110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Danville
    I carried concealed today for the first time. My permit is in the mail so its not 'legal' but I was on my father in law's private commercial property and we purchased so expensive equipment today. We'd never met these guys and there was large sums of money involved so I didn't wanna take a chance of getting robbed. Used the factory Glock holster. Talk about uncomfortable :). Ditched it after we got done for a nice soft sided one. Carried all the time in the military but it feels different as a civilian.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I carried concealed today for the first time. My permit is in the mail so its not 'legal' but I was on my father in law's private commercial property and we purchased so expensive equipment today. We'd never met these guys and there was large sums of money involved so I didn't wanna take a chance of getting robbed. Used the factory Glock holster. Talk about uncomfortable :). Ditched it after we got done for a nice soft sided one. Carried all the time in the military but it feels different as a civilian.

It is legal on private property if you have permission of the property owner. Not on the public street.

And do not admit to wrongdoing where someone can see it. fortunately you were legal.

IC 35-47-2-1 Version a
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2014. See also following version of this section, effective 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    (b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:
    (1) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;
    (2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    (B) is attending a firearms related event on the property, including a gun show, firearms expo, gun owner's club or convention, hunting club, shooting club, or training course; or
    (C) is on the property to receive firearms related services, including the repair, maintenance, or modification of a firearm;
    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;
    (4) the person carries the handgun while lawfully present in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case; or
    (5) the person carries the handgun:
    (A) at a shooting range (as defined in IC 14-22-31.5-3);

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009

What branch did you serve in? I carried a 1911 on LCE a lot and an M16a1 (a2 later). Big +1 on it being different on this side of service.

Top Bottom