• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    24 years? I thought after 3-4 hours you were supposed to see a doctor?!?!?!?!?!

He did, but I referred him to Riley. Didn't have small enough instruments

OP, here's what you do:

Build some elaborate underground passageway like in Temple of Doom that is covered in bugs. Get her down there and make some life-threatening structure slowly advancing at you. The only way to save you guys is for her to reach into a dark hole and trigger the release lever. When she reaches in there, her finger will be inserted in the ring, you can kneel down on a crunchy layer of chitin and pop the question! (then be sure life-threatening structure has stopped moving, if it hasn't, get a long rod and make futile attempts to stop it. Then have R2 hack into the computer to shut down all trash compactors and you're cool)

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    He did, but I referred him to Riley. Didn't have small enough instruments

OP, here's what you do:

Build some elaborate underground passageway like in Temple of Doom that is covered in bugs. Get her down there and make some life-threatening structure slowly advancing at you. The only way to save you guys is for her to reach into a dark hole and trigger the release lever. When she reaches in there, her finger will be inserted in the ring, you can kneel down on a crunchy layer of chitin and pop the question! (then be sure life-threatening structure has stopped moving, if it hasn't, get a long rod and make futile attempts to stop it. Then have R2 hack into the computer to shut down all trash compactors and you're cool)

I do have the company Bobcat keys. Hmmmmmm

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The first date with my then GF I wrote her a song (I play acoustic) well, when I proposed to her last December I decided to write another song for her...she cried, said yes. Just make sure it's something neither one of you will forget.

sullivmt2015

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I would definitely keep it simple and make it something that is meaningful to the both of you. As long as you just be yourself and are sincere she will be happy. I decided on a more intimate setting with just the two of us over in a crowd of people but that is totally up to you.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I'll tell you how mine went since it happened this past Mothers Day. I originally asked my father-in-law in 2009 if I could propose to her on Christmas Day of 2010 and he gave me his blessing and the family wanted to see me propose in front of them. Well, they had to move to Florida because of better work opportunities and that pushed the proposal back.

So this past May, myself and my mom flew down to Florida to spend a few days with them and on Mothers Day, we were grilling out and had some of her family there and we were just having some fun. Well, I reminded her that I still owed her a Valentines Day gift, I had lied and said that I couldn't afford a gift at the time (that was part of the plan), and I asked her to close her eyes and I'd get it out for her.

She closed her eyes and I pulled the ring out and slipped it on her finger and then tapped her on the shoulder to open them and the look on her face was one of the most vivid memories that I'll never forget in my life. She looked at her mom and then the ring and that's when I asked her and she said Yes!

That's my story and I wish you the best of luck!!!

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    proposal

Here's how I did it. My wife and I had been going to a lot of Indycar races that year and the year before. I planned to propose at Mid Ohio. Cause I'm from OH and it's a beautiful course. A week earlier we were at the nashville race. As always, I sign up for anything and everything cause I like to win stuff. I never do. But oh well. Anyway, my wife knew this. So this helped.
    I contacted the Indycar fanclub and they sent her this offical looking email saying we had entered a contest to be down on the grid for pre race and opening ceremonies at Mid Ohio the next week. They sent us instructions on how to get credentials and everything.
    So, the next week we go to Mid Ohio. We camped in the camp grounds. During the weekend I went to the "restroom" I actually went to the media trailer to discuss how we would do all this. I also gave them a cd of "the power of love" by Huey Lewis. It's in Back to the Future which is her favorite movie.
    So, race day. We go down to the starting grid with all our proper credentials and stuff. We hang out during driver intros and stuff. Then the woman with the mike invites us up and asks us questions about the drawing we won and how we have been enjoying the weekend. She then gives the mike to me. I get down on one knee on the stupid hot pavement and proposed. She said yes. They then played the song over the PA. It was on the video boards all around the track. We also got to meet and talk to the Governor of OH. He said "we need more good young people like you in this state." Ooops. I left there to move to IN. Oh well. A week later we got a dvd of the whole thing done by ABC sports and a bunch of 8x10 photos of the whole thing. It was a very memorable experience.
    So, good luck with yours. But it won't be as cool as mine. :)::D:laugh:

Jason

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here's how I did it. My wife and I had been going to a lot of Indycar races that year and the year before. I planned to propose at Mid Ohio. Cause I'm from OH and it's a beautiful course. A week earlier we were at the nashville race. As always, I sign up for anything and everything cause I like to win stuff. I never do. But oh well. Anyway, my wife knew this. So this helped.
    I contacted the Indycar fanclub and they sent her this offical looking email saying we had entered a contest to be down on the grid for pre race and opening ceremonies at Mid Ohio the next week. They sent us instructions on how to get credentials and everything.
    So, the next week we go to Mid Ohio. We camped in the camp grounds. During the weekend I went to the "restroom" I actually went to the media trailer to discuss how we would do all this. I also gave them a cd of "the power of love" by Huey Lewis. It's in Back to the Future which is her favorite movie.
    So, race day. We go down to the starting grid with all our proper credentials and stuff. We hang out during driver intros and stuff. Then the woman with the mike invites us up and asks us questions about the drawing we won and how we have been enjoying the weekend. She then gives the mike to me. I get down on one knee on the stupid hot pavement and proposed. She said yes. They then played the song over the PA. It was on the video boards all around the track. We also got to meet and talk to the Governor of OH. He said "we need more good young people like you in this state." Ooops. I left there to move to IN. Oh well. A week later we got a dvd of the whole thing done by ABC sports and a bunch of 8x10 photos of the whole thing. It was a very memorable experience.
    So, good luck with yours. But it won't be as cool as mine. :)::D:laugh:

Jason

Cool.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    So I ended up waiting in the bedroom until she came in, I was on bender knee, she asked what was wrong. I pulled the ring out and she asked "what's this" I told her that I tried to think of something clever but all the best had been done. So I just asked her the old fashioned way. She said "of course I will marry you":rockwoot:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    So I ended up waiting in the bedroom until she came in, I was on bender knee, she asked what was wrong. I pulled the ring out and she asked "what's this" I told her that I tried to think of something clever but all the best had been done. So I just asked her the old fashioned way. She said "of course I will marry you":rockwoot:

:rockwoot:Congratulations man!

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    My wife had a meeting with some friends at a outdoor restaurant in Zionsville. I work for Zionsville Fire. We showed up in the engine as if there was a fire alarm. It turned out well. Needless to say, she was surprised.

163736_1811484123902_792402_n.jpg

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County

Congratulations on your engagement and blessings for your marriage. :)

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera

Congratulations!

Oh yeah, just because you said on bender knee...

bender.jpg

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I agree with the "be yourself" theme that has been repeated several times here, because that is what she loves about You. Memorable doesn't have to be outlandish. Mr Evilwrench got my ring...he picked it up on a Saturday... when I came home from work, he said "I got your ring today." I said, "Oh, I can have it now?" He said, "Well, of course." No "Formal words" were necessary, we have agreed that we are doomed to be together, and that is how it worked for me!!!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree with the "be yourself" theme that has been repeated several times here, because that is what she loves about You. Memorable doesn't have to be outlandish. Mr Evilwrench got my ring...he picked it up on a Saturday... when I came home from work, he said "I got your ring today." I said, "Oh, I can have it now?" He said, "Well, of course." No "Formal words" were necessary, we have agreed that we are doomed to be together, and that is how it worked for me!!!

My condolences :D

Charles Congrats sir.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

All I can say is...Perfect and congrats.
    I to am doomed and it ain't all that bad.

Top Bottom