• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Driveway cleared... about a foot of heavy wet snow on it. It's 2 cars wide and 4 long. Got my exercise for the month! Just lit a fire in the fireplace and hunkering down for the night now. Hopefully we don't get TOO much more snow tonight.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I don't know what all this sturm und drang is all about. I'm just sitting here in my home in Terre Haute all snuggly and warm and eating a bowl of apricot ice cream.

The fact that there's about 10" of snow in the street, and more coming down, doesn't affect me in the least.

:):.......Well not YET anyways,huh?......:):........long's you POWER stays on......an' whutever ya heat with don' decide ta take a shizz.....:):

If any the 2 above happens......an' when 'at 30+ MPH -20+ windchill factors in.......you 'snuggly an' warm' gonna go out'a wind'r.....FAST....:):

(an' I HOPE .....none 'at happens......)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Went out about 445 to snowblow the driveway. Had about a foot in most places. Cleared it all and probably won't do it again tomorrow unless I get more than 2 or 3" more overnight.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Checking for the first time. I've been watching playoff games, drinking coffee, and shoveling my driveway and sidewalks.
    I live on the South side of Indy, the snow is wet and heavy, the perfect "storm" for a heart attack. Please be careful if anyone has a heart condition and shoveling heavy snow.
    It may take longer than you think for emergency help to get to you.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    10 inches would be easy. Road was drifted up to the doors on my 05 Chevy 2500 by 4:30.
    Went out to see how things were looking highways and town were easy.
    Out in the sticks not so much. Plenty of food,water,wood for the stove and gas for the generator should we need it.
    Plowed earlier and you can't tell it now, drifts up to the hood on better halfs car.
    Marshall county is ticketing up to $500 if they catch you out.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Should get interesting now. It's freezing up. I just came in and slid a little on a curve in the neighborhood.
    Rain changed over to snow finally.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Howard county has not declared a snow emergency. No surprise there.

Travel Emergency. Roads closed until 12 tomorrow at least.
    I'm shutting the shop tomorrow until this gets sorted out. I was just up there within the last hour.
    My plow guy went by there earlier today but there is another 6+ on the parking lot right now.
    Side streets are still deeply covered, the city plows have not been down them yet, the main drags are cleared off though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hendricks County has declared a snow emergency. Only emergency personnel allowed on roads.

I'm sure work will still expect me to be there. :rolleyes:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Hendricks County has declared a snow emergency. Only emergency personnel allowed on roads.

I'm sure work will still expect me to be there. :rolleyes:
    Just curious, where did you hear they declared a snow emergency? I went to their govt website and didn't see it mentioned

Top Bottom