shh.gif

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    • Teenagers who routinely use alcohal before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Teenagers who routinely eat fast food before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Teenagers who routinely watch 8hrs of TV a day before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Teenagers who routinely don't study before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Etc, etc, etc

The majority of this board supports legalizing responsible marijuana use. So what's your point?

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    90% of statistics are100% B.S.
    What was the samples size? 52 people. Not even a thousandth of a percent of the population of Greenwood IN let alone the world.

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives where RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL f**king high on drugs. The Beatles were so f**king high they let Ringo sing a few songs. Bill Hicks

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    What is "routine"?

Once a week?

Once every couple of hrs, every day?

Know some folks who have done the "wake n bake" for 20yrs or more. Yup, they're pretty well burnt. Saw decline at age 30, but functional. Only gets worse with time/usage.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

• Teenagers who routinely eat fast food before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Teenagers who routinely watch 8hrs of TV a day before age 18 may see long-term declines

• Etc, etc, etc

The majority of this board supports legalizing responsible marijuana use. So what's your point?

Where are the facts regarding this? Did you just make this up? I know that I wasn't included in the sample if there was any scientific poll taken.

sullivmt2015

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    it is true that teenagers that use marijuana routinely will not achieve full development of the frontal lobe of the brain which is responsible for emotions and personality qualities.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    What is "routine"?

Once a week?

Once every couple of hrs, every day?

Know some folks who have done the "wake n bake" for 20yrs or more. Yup, they're pretty well burnt. Saw decline at age 30, but functional. Only gets worse with time/usage.

I have known people that have done the wake and bake thing for over 20 years and run their own business..

I think some of those burnt people you mentioned would be burnt even without it

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have known people that have done the wake and bake thing for over 20 years and run their own business..

I think some of those burnt people you mentioned would be burnt even without it
    I can show you far more persons that cannot think their way out of when their next joint is going to be too... :dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    90% of statistics are100% B.S.
    What was the samples size? 52 people. Not even a thousandth of a percent of the population of Greenwood IN let alone the world.

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives where RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL f**king high on drugs. The Beatles were so f**king high they let Ringo sing a few songs. Bill Hicks

Preface: Drugs, or at the least, pot should be legal, that said...

Every one huh? Well ok, I'd buy most of them. Also, please note most of them are long since DEAD. Go ask them if they would trade some of the of their drug induced brilliance for another year or two of NOT BEING DEAD. Or better yet, try replicating that lifestyle in the real world. How many stoner engineers do you know? How about Dr's or lawyers? Are there some? Yea sure. Do drugs "enhance" their ability to do their jobs? Doubt it.

I don't need anyone's stats. I know plenty of people who have smoked weed frequently since their teens. With the exception of one, they are all dumber today than when they started. And none have wrote any songs worth a damn either.

How many ambitious, self-motivated pot heads do you know?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That is a great study for the pro-legalization crowd. The driving force behind the prohibition of alcohol for minors is the effects it has on the developing brain. The solution was to legalize and regulate its sale to adults, removing it from the black market and making it harder for adolescents to acquire. All signs point to this as a solution for cannabis.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

• Etc, etc, etc

I guess some are surprised by the old saying you are what you eat. We can expand this list quite a bit with regards to chemicals that effect development. Plastics, petro-chemicals, caffeine, formula, trace elements...

I haven't heard anyone make the claim that cannabis use is side effect free. Anytime you inhale the smoke of combusted organic materials you are taking in a whole host of compounds.

Top Bottom