• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've been smoke free for 10 years. My wife is allergic to cigarette smoke (breaks out in hives). We both are against the smoking ban.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I quit smoking over a year ago, smoked for 20 years. I know alot of ex-smokers that constantly complain about being around smokers, it doesn't bother me. If a non-smoker does not want to be around smokers, stop complaining, get up, and leave.
    Just think how much tax money the guberment would loose if everybody stopped smoking or how many jobs would be lost. This is America, people have rights and freedoms. If a person wants to smoke then smoke, if a person does not then dont. But putting a BAND on smoking is not the answer. If that happens what's next?
    I have heard it said that soda-pop causes childhood obesity, will the BAND Mountian Dew, Pepsi, and Coke? And potato chips and cookies too?
    This one would really fire some people up!!! What if they BAND BACON????????

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Every employer said:
    Then they should ban alcohol because if someone drinks too much and drives it endangers folks...and that fact you can't dispute!

If you want to ban what you dont like, you have to let me ban what I dont like...its only fair...

Its all about liberty folks, either you stand for liberty or you dont. I dont like cigarette smoke either, but I stand on the side of liberty.

Johnny C

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What if they BAND BACON????????

baconbros1.jpg

:D:D:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Then they should ban alcohol because if someone drinks too much and drives it endangers folks...and that fact you can't dispute!

If you want to ban what you dont like, you have to let me ban what I dont like...its only fair...

Its all about liberty folks, either you stand for liberty or you dont. I dont like cigarette smoke either, but I stand on the side of liberty.

Johnny C
    I do not like anti gunners and stupid people, can we ban them too.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'll tell you what they should ban... there is some store in the UP mall that has so much cologne going that I cough and get short of breath just walking by the place. It looks like some kind of men's clothing (might be mostly gay from the traffic in and out of it). I should not have to smell other people's cologne.

AMEN to that. My son and I literally HOLD our noses as we walk past Abercrombie and Fitch.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've been smoke free for 10 years. My wife is allergic to cigarette smoke (breaks out in hives). We both are against the smoking ban.

I'm in same boat. Cigarette smoke closes down my nasal passages completely.....but I don't support a ban. I choose to not go to restaurants and bars that allow smoking.

People have a right to abuse their body any way they wish. But with that said, they DON'T have the right to impose that same stuff on the rest of us. Just food for thought.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I don't smoke and I am against any ban on it the way I feel is as long as your not blowing it in my face I don't care. I have respect for smokers for one thing you pay a crap load of taxes on them. Thats one less burden for those that don't. Also I am amazed at what you will indure as far as weather to burn one, like rain, sleet,and below zero temperatures.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am a very polite smoker, you can ask a few members here and they will tell you the same. I have had a couple of INGO'ers here in my little hideout and always asked them if they mind if I smoke on my own property while they were here.

A lot of smokers are rude but then again so are a lot of non smokers. It is up to everyone to respect others rights whether you agree with them or not and not try to force your opinion onto them. As they say to each their own. If I am outside smoking and it bothers you walk around me or away from me.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I had an idea a few years ago(14) to open my own shop.I borrowed money,paid taxes,hired people,paid off loans,paid taxes,expanded the business,paid taxes,invested in new machinery,paid taxes.
    Now the smoke police want to make it against the law for me to smoke in my own business.
    We all know smoking isn't good for you,but where do the smoke police get off telling me what I can or cannot do on my own property?
    This is a decision that should be left to the business owner,not a PAC with deep pockets.:xmad:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    far as I'm concerned it's up to the owner, with a sign at entry smoking is allowed or not, same for employes, if they don't mind smoke and sign a statement to that effect, if they do mind, leave. Goverment started sticking their nose in this some years ago, how far is far enought?? and then what will they find "that for the good of the general population" must be stopped? Guns, Fast food joints,Booze, or sex? ok maybe not sex, but you can see the other ones coming down the line.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I would feel safer if cigarettes were banned. They are dangerous to everyone. I know someone that picked up a carton for his spouse and by the time he got home, he had cancer. I hate smoking. As a family nurse practitioner I see the devastating effects on the human body. The cost is more than many smokers can afford, but it is still their right. I am kind of torn by the whole issue. While I like not having to smell that crap, it's his/her right to smoke them. I counsel patients on smoking cessation and I am left to deal with the physical mess that they create. I feel the same way about overeating, poor dietary choices, and lack of physical exercise too, so don't think I am picking on smokers. Althought, no one has ever taken a big bite of pie and blown calories in my face.

Top Bottom