• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Stick it out brother. After 3 days, its all out of your system, now its a mental game.

.....and after 7 days you're home free! At least that was how it worked for me. After about a week the urge or habit of reaching into my front shirt pocket and grabbing a smoke was much easier to resist and I wasn't thinking about smoking / not smoking constantly. Good Luck!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Vaping isn't quitting, but it can be a step in the right direction.

Agreed. I haven't had a cigarette since March. I've gone from 18 mg nicotine down to 3 mg. The next bottles will be 0 mg, and quitting vaping altogether. I've tried the patch, gum, pills, cold turkey, and I've always gone back to smoking.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    just a update.....still smoke free.....been over 3 years now:rockwoot:
    After that time of being without cigarettes, the positive side was that I hadn't killed anyone in the first 30 days, but I had gained about 40 lbs. All that being said, giving up the cancer sticks was the best thing I ever did for myself, besides picking a great wife.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed. I haven't had a cigarette since March. I've gone from 18 mg nicotine down to 3 mg. The next bottles will be 0 mg, and quitting vaping altogether. I've tried the patch, gum, pills, cold turkey, and I've always gone back to smoking.

Good for you man. Nothing worked for me. All the pills, gums, patches, etc. I ended up just as addicted as ever until I finally made up my mind that I was done being a slave to a substance. At that point I was able to quit cold turkey. Do not let you convince yourself that you can have one and that its ok days or weeks from now. It's not ok. You are throwing away all the successes you've enjoyed up to that point. Every single time I gave into those voices when I had a ****ty & stressful day... I started out with the intentions of 'just having one'... I ALWAYS ended up a regular smoker before a week had passed.

Top Bottom