• ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    New 380 pistol and 38 revolver feature INSIGHT lasers

With integrated lasers and a new lightweight feel, the new Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD 38 and BODYGUARD 380 are the perfect back-up gun option for law enforcement officers.

The new pistol features a double-action fire control system, allowing for rapid second-strike capability. The BODYGUARD 380 has also been enhanced with a smooth trigger pull. Adding to its simplicity, the BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a manual thumb safety and an external take down lever and slide stop.

The .380 ACP pistol has a standard 2.75 inch barrel, contributing to an overall weight of only 11.85 ounces.

The new BODYGUARD 38 revolver weights in at around 14.3 ounces and features a shorter 1.9-inch barrel.

Rolling out in May 2010, the BODYGUARD pistol and revolver offer an advanced ergonomic grip and newly engineered INSIGHT lasers with ambidextrous controls for optimal accuracy.

sw04p.jpg

sw03zt.jpg

NSIGHT Laser

At the core of the new BODYGUARD line of firearms is the capability of the INSIGHT laser. Allowing for optimal accuracy, both the BODYGUARD 380 and 38 are fitted with a red laser sight produced in conjunction with Insight Technology. A world leader in the design, development and manufacture of tactical lasers, Insight Technology designed the integrated laser system to perfectly mate with the new pistol and revolver. Accurate, durable and easily adjusted, the integral laser provides shooters with added confidence by enabling quick sight acquisition under low light conditions.

The integrated laser sighting system enables faster target acquisition for shooters of all experience levels. By working closely together and designing the firearm and laser sight system to be integral, Smith & Wesson and Insight Technology have achieved a value positioning that allows more firearm customers to afford laser sighting system technology.

Last edited:

a1gunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I want one - of each!

Proud Father of a United States Airman
    NRA Patron Life Member

Last edited:

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    From someone who is a HUGE fan of old school Smiths I am not impressed. But, I will wait to hear reviews before passing final judgement.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Make one in 9mm and we'll talk. Ruger? Call your laywers, I think someone ripped you off. ;)

Sorry; their lawyers are all tied up on the phone with Kel-Tec's lawyers... :):

ETA - the frame & triggerguard design of the .380 reminds me a lot of the Colt Pocket Nine. Onboard laser and the manual safety (on a DAO? WTF?) do nothing for me, but I am still strangely drawn to it...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Sorry; their lawyers are all tied up on the phone with Kel-Tec's lawyers... :):

ETA - the frame & triggerguard design of the .380 reminds me a lot of the Colt Pocket Nine. Onboard laser and the manual safety (on a DAO? WTF?) do nothing for me, but I am still strangely drawn to it...

Hehe! I see what you did there...

I meant the LCR and not the LCP but now I see what you mean. DOH!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    New 380 pistol and 38 revolver feature INSIGHT lasers

With integrated lasers and a new lightweight feel, the new Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD 38 and BODYGUARD 380 are the perfect back-up gun option for law enforcement officers.

The new pistol features a double-action fire control system, allowing for rapid second-strike capability. The BODYGUARD 380 has also been enhanced with a smooth trigger pull. Adding to its simplicity, the BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a manual thumb safety and an external take down lever and slide stop.

The .380 ACP pistol has a standard 2.75 inch barrel, contributing to an overall weight of only 11.85 ounces.

The new BODYGUARD 38 revolver weights in at around 14.3 ounces and features a shorter 1.9-inch barrel.

Rolling out in May 2010, the BODYGUARD pistol and revolver offer an advanced ergonomic grip and newly engineered INSIGHT lasers with ambidextrous controls for optimal accuracy.

sw04p.jpg

sw03zt.jpg

NSIGHT Laser

At the core of the new BODYGUARD line of firearms is the capability of the INSIGHT laser. Allowing for optimal accuracy, both the BODYGUARD 380 and 38 are fitted with a red laser sight produced in conjunction with Insight Technology. A world leader in the design, development and manufacture of tactical lasers, Insight Technology designed the integrated laser system to perfectly mate with the new pistol and revolver. Accurate, durable and easily adjusted, the integral laser provides shooters with added confidence by enabling quick sight acquisition under low light conditions.

The integrated laser sighting system enables faster target acquisition for shooters of all experience levels. By working closely together and designing the firearm and laser sight system to be integral, Smith & Wesson and Insight Technology have achieved a value positioning that allows more firearm customers to afford laser sighting system technology.

I want to hold one!

Top Bottom