• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I'm looking for a good small engine repair shop in the Greenwood/ Johnson County area. I have to have someone look at my snowthrower. Any recommendations?

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    Mine was doing just about the same thing. I sprayed carb cleaner in the carb while trying to start it and changed the spark plug. Try that. You'll need someone to either spray or pull while you spray or pull

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    If you still want to take it somewhere, we take our lawnmowers and such to Dannemiller True Value Hardware on SR 135. It's next to Pizza King and in front of Menard's,

300 S State Road 135
    Greenwood IN 46142-1422
    Phone: 317-888-4109

AJB

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    go to half price books or barnes and noble and get a small engine repair book. small engines are very simple complex machines(screws and wedges are simple machines). if you have any mechanical nature a guide book will do wonders. if not i would take it some where. i know only of 3 shops in indy where i get parts that i would take my equipment too.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If it has a tecumseh engine, pull the carb off. Take the float bowl off and clean out any passage you can find with a wire, etc. I use a cutting torch tip cleaner set. Tecumseh carbs gum up real bad if they have gas sitting in them for any length of time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Ranger Rick, I've applied the PB Blaster and Sta-bil and letting it sit and do it's thing. repped. I'll let my hubby pull the starter cord tomorrow and see if it works. :D
    If that doesn't work, AJ, I'll be stopping by Dannemiller! Thanks guys.

Top Bottom