• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have a family member who has recently picked up everything he needs to complete an ar-15 build. I'm very happy that I get to assemble another AR-15 and that it's not costing me a dime to do so. The only missing part to this is that he needs a sling. He's a very big boy and needs a really big sling. He's excited enough that this may get him outside doing some run and gun work and help him drop a few pounds so he doesn't quite need a 3XL sling.

So, who knows of a really big sling for a big boy.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would look into a Vickers or Urban ERT sling. Both are designed with a ton of adjustment for transitioning the rifle around, and would definitely be big enough for him. I have a super weird build (shirt size is 2X Long Slim), and there is enough material to fit someone else inside of the sling with me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a family member who has recently picked up everything he needs to complete an ar-15 build. I'm very happy that I get to assemble another AR-15 and that it's not costing me a dime to do so. The only missing part to this is that he needs a sling. He's a very big boy and needs a really big sling. He's excited enough that this may get him outside doing some run and gun work and help him drop a few pounds so he doesn't quite need a 3XL sling.

So, who knows of a really big sling for a big boy.

Ah, this is a question up my alley.

What kind of sling/applications? How will it be attached to the rifle?

For a single point, I've had good luck with the Blackhawk Dieter Sling, which can also be used as a two-point if you need it.

If you want to use a two-point that is quick adjust, how much sling you need will depend on where you attach on the rifle. If you mount on the fore end just in front of the upper receiver and where the stock meets the lower receiver, you will probably be okay with a VTAC sling.

If you're wanting to use a sling for support when shooting, it's going to be a bit more challenging to fit depending on how your family member is built.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    He's going to use the sling as a single point attaching to a magpul asap plate. In the last few days he just blew out a knee, so getting him out back for some shooting is not going to be happening anytime soon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He's going to use the sling as a single point attaching to a magpul asap plate. In the last few days he just blew out a knee, so getting him out back for some shooting is not going to be happening anytime soon.

Sorry to hear that! I've been having some knee trouble myself lately.

For single point ... here's your Huckleberry: Blackhawk Dieter Sling

Blackhawk has a couple of other dedicated single point slings called "Storm" that adjust up to 64 inches.

Top Bottom