• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I got on their website today to see if I could order one. Was hoping to get one by next week as we have a big boating trip planned next weekend and I want to take an AR. ;)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I ordered two. Already received them. Giving both away as gifts. I sure hope they release a left handed stock soon.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Unfortunately, patent infringements happen every day. With an unending supply of products available in the market place, a consumer would rarely know, nor should they be expected to know, if a patent issue exists.
    The Slide fire and Bump fire stocks do, physically, look very similar. All this will depend on how well Slide fire explained in their original patent all the technical features/specifications of their product.
    I hope it works out for both companies. The way the laws read, disputing patent infringement issues falls to the patent holder.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Not trying to start a fight and will NOT respond to this: In MY OPINION they are both a bad idea. People see these on You Tube and think these are fully auto weapons being sold and it scares them. Why should that bother us? These are the same people that will vote in, or out, a anti gunner.

I am new here but have supported the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, US Shooting Team and National Association for Gun Rights, for decades. I want my kids and your kids to be able to enjoy our sport.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll start getting concerned when someone uses one for something more sinister than destroying copious amounts of their own cash.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not trying to start a fight and will NOT respond to this: In MY OPINION they are both a bad idea. People see these on You Tube and think these are fully auto weapons being sold and it scares them. Why should that bother us? These are the same people that will vote in, or out, a anti gunner.

I am new here but have supported the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, US Shooting Team and National Association for Gun Rights, for decades. I want my kids and your kids to be able to enjoy our sport.

NOW you've done it!:runaway::wow::scared::nailbite:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013

In MY OPINION, the majority of people that are that uninformed/uneducated about firearms will remain so.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Any of you guys who ordered one try it out yet?

The $99 deal sounds good, but interested to hear "real life" feedback on:
    - installation
    - easy of use
    - does it work as advertised
    - any problems?

Thanks!

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Patents are good and are there to protect people's r and d.. However. That being said, in today's economy, you can't expect to just charge stupid amounts for a piece of plastic and an idea. $99 for one of those is still way too much, has to cost them like 15 to make that thing here in the US. And probably $2 to make it in china. If the originators of this product wouldn't have been greedy bastards, and would have sold their stocks for $50-100 in the first place they wouldn't have had to worry about competition. At all. No sympathy for them. They made their money. Yeah they might win in court and get a judgement, but they will pay a ton in lawyer fees, and when they win, the company will just go out of business. Shortly after that another company will do the same thing. Suing people for patent infringements if you are a small company is hanging yourself with the same rope you are trying to snare the other company with.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are they going to sue the glockinator video guy too? His dowel rod and 1x4 is cheaper.

their price seems very high for what it was. I'm glad another option is out there. I'm guessing bump fire had patent attorneys do their due diligence before launching the product. I am expecting this to end in a behind-the-scenes quiet settlement or licensing fee.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013

- installation
    - easy of use
    - any problems?

Thanks!

A friend ordered one. Installation took three minutes. I had shot a Slide Fire stock so learning curve was a non issue. It works exactly as advertised. Only problem is keeping ammo in the magazine.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria

- installation
    - easy of use
    - any problems?

Thanks!
    I picked one up for Christmas. Install was soooooper easy. Unscrew the grip (watch the safety spring), screw on a block and swap stocks. There is a bit of a learning curve to firing, but it works just like my buddies slide-fire. Real fun around prairie dawgs and Tannerite, so I've been told. :dunno:
    Its a lot of fun if you want to blow your ammo budget in 5 minutes or less. :): You don't always have to go full ret... bore. You can lock the stock in a fixed position as well as practice controlled bursts. It's a fun 'accessory', and its so easy to swap back to my regular grip/stock, that I figured I'd get one while I could.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    I picked one up for Christmas. Install was soooooper easy. Unscrew the grip (watch the safety spring), screw on a block and swap stocks. There is a bit of a learning curve to firing, but it works just like my buddies slide-fire. Real fun around prairie dawgs and Tannerite, so I've been told. :dunno:
    Its a lot of fun if you want to blow your ammo budget in 5 minutes or less. :): You don't always have to go full ret... bore. You can lock the stock in a fixed position as well as practice controlled bursts. It's a fun 'accessory', and its so easy to swap back to my regular grip/stock, that I figured I'd get one while I could.

Thanks for the feedback. :yesway:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    We did figure out that by putting a vertical grip on the forearm, it made it much easier to get consistent burst fire. Don't know if anyone else has had the same experience.

Top Bottom