• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    Went and bought a beautiful SKS today, with a 30 rd. Magazine. After firing two rounds the magazine fell out, put it back in fired two more rounds fell out again..... WTH????

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Sounds like the magazine or the gun was modified somehow. If it is the magazine, throw it away and get the standard 10 round magazine. If it was the gun that was modified, get the standard 10 round magazine.

Most aftermarket stuff for the SKS is cheap stuff that sometimes works.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    The SKS is very picky about aftermarket mags. Go back to the original fixed mag and feed it with stripper clips, or if you really want the aftermarket detachable, go with the Tapco 20 round mag or pay $95 and get the Hi Tech mag with their adapter. Hi Tech mags are expensive but they are all steel and feed very well. A quick google search for "Hi Tech SKS magazines" should get you to their website.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    That's what I'm thinking, I don't know a lot about them, but I just bid on a 10 rd. Mag on eBay. Going to try that.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    The original 10 round magazine is the best. The hi tech mags are frowned upon by the sks boards.

Tapcos are the way to go tho if you do want a higher capacity. To load those with strippers though they have to be modded. Long story short stick with the original 10 rounder or if you want a high capacity sks get an m/d. You should have 0 problems with the original mag, have fun when it arrives!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I believe I saw those original magazines at buymilsurp dot com.
    It seems like they weren't exactly cheap either.

Myself I'm content with the original magazines.

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds like the magazine or the gun was modified somehow. If it is the magazine, throw it away and get the standard 10 round magazine. If it was the gun that was modified, get the standard 10 round magazine.

Most aftermarket stuff for the SKS is cheap stuff that sometimes works.

I totally agree...get the right magazine!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Those 30rd mags are hit or mis. You either get a rifle that will work well with them or you have a rifle that will fight you every step of the wa with them. Like a few other members said just find a stock 10rd mag an put it back in and you wont have any trouble with it at all. Those hi cap mags are normally more trouble than they are worth, if ya still want a high cap mag capacity get ya an AK;)

Top Bottom