• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am 6'0" 165# so I think I still qualify as skinny. Sig P238 in a Stoner 415 IWB holster with Body Shield, left hand draw. Carry at 5:00 so the barrel is at 5:00 and I can easily grasp the grip with my right hand. Avoids the spine issue and fairly comfortable when sitting through a two hour movie although I do remove it for longer drives but not my commute. This has been comfortable all summer and I hang around with some non-gun folks that have no idea I carry.
    [h=1][/h]

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Skinny guy here, too. Busy and not enough time to read all the responses, so sorry if this is a dup. I cc a Ruger 380 LCP during Summer months, Ruger 9mm during winter months when it is easily concealed by a sweatshirt or coat. Right now, during warmer months, my Ruger LCP is either carried in a Sneaky Pete holster or a shoot-through back pocket holster (too late and tired to provide links, Google them).

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I just switched the butt-plate on the magazine of my SR9c from the pinky extension to the flat plate. It has made a huge difference in me being able to conceal. It doesn't seem like a half inch or so should make that big of a difference, but it does.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Well it looks like I was right based on popular opinion, if I carry it's at 4:30-5. Conceals pretty well and I'm a very skinny guy.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just get fat and you wont really have a problem! Ok seriously I use to be super skinny (I miss those days) and have always carried my G19 at 4 oclock. Nobody has ever noticed. It really depends on how the holster works with your specific gun...and how you wear your pants/shirt. I tend to wear my clothing loose in the summer and I wear a lot of hoodies in the winter so it covers up well. If you are a Hollister tight shirt wearing person you are screwed......and dumb :)

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Just get fat and you wont really have a problem! Ok seriously I use to be super skinny (I miss those days) and have always carried my G19 at 4 oclock. Nobody has ever noticed. It really depends on how the holster works with your specific gun...and how you wear your pants/shirt. I tend to wear my clothing loose in the summer and I wear a lot of hoodies in the winter so it covers up well. If you are a Hollister tight shirt wearing person you are screwed......and dumb :)
    Or you can be like me and not wear a shirt at all and be skinny at the same time (32/34 pants size). :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    5'11 @ 200lbs myself.

I carry ~5:00 with usually a CompTac Infidel or MTAC holster and normally I can hide it fairly well. I typically buy pants and shirts one size larger than I need to help keep from printing.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm 5'10", 155lbs, 31" waist. I IWB carry a 1911 officer model @4:00 or a kahr CM9 if I feel a need for deep concealment. I usually have a covering garment: untucked T shirt, sweat shirt, jacket etc. I don't feel any discomfort.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I carry a sig 2022 at 5 oclock with a left handed holster if I am wearing an untucked shirt or shirt and jacket. I can sit comfortably with it in that position and somebody would have to be staring at by rear end to notice it. If wearing just a tucked in shirt (only one layer) with shorts or dress clothes, I carry the sig 938 in my front pocket and it works great.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My Remora holster should arrive today. I can't wait to try it out. I think a Comp Tac Minotaur may be in order as well, but I'm gonna wait on that.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Remora FTW! :rockwoot: This is a cool holster. I got one that can go IWB or OWB. And when it is IWB it conceals perfectly. The ability to adjust it any way I want is awesome. The price is great too. My new setup for EDC is a Beltman bull hide belt with my Remora holster. I'm sure I'll end up buying more gear, but this is great.

Top Bottom