• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Sorry If this is a repost, i did a search and didn't find any threads about it.

Here is a link to an article from a firearms training website blog.

An Unlikely Hero

This video demonstrates that anyone can be accosted by a gun wielding thug, at any time of the day, in any place.

This video also clearly demonstrates some universal rules of combat from a most unlikely hero…

Watch some school yard justice, “Skater Boy” style and then see my comments below it.

(Warning: There is some foul language)
    I think the skater handled the situation well. What do you guys think?

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Wow, that was some effed up stuff. That guy got the beating he probably deserved. Granted it does not show how it started but i feel like it ended right. +1 to skater boy for defending himself.

Nice find and share

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It looked like a team that picked the wrong victim. One taps the other and points. The tapper then swings around BEHIND the victim while the gunman approaches from the front. Kid tries to disengage twice and then takes a shot. Skater friend attacks the rear guy from behind and you see what a group can do to two idiots even when one idiot has a gun.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    My son is a skater dude. I'm not sure what the ruckus was about, but it didn't appear as though a gun in the face was necessary.

If the video tells the story, I wish even worse on the thug. People like this need to be removed from society one way or another. I'm not a guy who wishes really bad things on the bad guys, I normally just want them put away, but I have to say, this really makes my blood boil.

I've always taught my son to use his skateboard as a weapon, and to use it until the threat is out of the fight. If that means the bad guy isn't breathing in the end, so be it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    My son is a skater dude. I'm not sure what the ruckus was about, but it didn't appear as though a gun in the face was necessary.

If the video tells the story, I wish even worse on the thug. People like this need to be removed from society one way or another. I'm not a guy who wishes really bad things on the bad guys, I normally just want them put away, but I have to say, this really makes my blood boil.

I've always taught my son to use his skateboard as a weapon, and to use it until the threat is out of the fight. If that means the bad guy isn't breathing in the end, so be it.

My son skates too. I usually have have him for the summer and holidays (he lives in the Boston area w.his mom). for 3 summers in a row I had him box in suburban Detroit. Last year he had had to K.O. a kid in wood shop after the kid kept throwing wood scraps at him. Son felt the kid go limp after 3 or 4 shots and let him fall to the shop floor, did not resist the teacher when he grabbed him. My son only got 2 days of suspension because the according tot he school the school "the other kid has issues and had hit someone with a 2x4 the day before" WTF was he doing in school the next day to be able to mess with my kid? Not near as serious as the video but a skater kid beatdown just the same.

And to the OP Nice video! The guy definately got what he deserved. He's lucky the skater kids were smart enough not to turn the gun on him......
    I don;t understand all the skater stuff but most are tough and have heart.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Good for them, I am glad they beat the crap out of him, He deserved that and more, Cops should have been called and he should have gone to jail.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Obviously the "thug" had no idea what he was doing with the pistol, but dang that skater guy landed some killer shots. He is lucky though.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    So now I raise the hypothetical question; What if the kid in the red shorts had been my/your friend, would the use of lethal force on my/your part have been just? I realize that would be determined by a jury, just looking for opinions or perhaps a "What would you do if you were carrying when this happened?" Do you think the video would have helped or hurt you/me in court if a lethal shot had been fired?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So now I raise the hypothetical question; What if the kid in the red shorts had been my/your friend, would the use of lethal force on my/your part have been just? I realize that would be determined by a jury, just looking for opinions or perhaps a "What would you do if you were carrying when this happened?" Do you think the video would have helped or hurt you/me in court if a lethal shot had been fired?

Video would HURT you because it was pretty clear that 'skater boy' was trying to disengage from the fight while the 'thug' was holding him to prevent him from disengaging. If you were a friend of 'skater boy' and shot 'thug' during the fight then you'd be in pretty big trouble.

Now IF you pulled the gun and shot the 'thug' while he had possession of the gun then I'd bet that you'd be justified. Just my :twocents:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Video would HURT you because it was pretty clear that 'skater boy' was trying to disengage from the fight while the 'thug' was holding him to prevent him from disengaging. If you were a friend of 'skater boy' and shot 'thug' during the fight then you'd be in pretty big trouble.

Now IF you pulled the gun and shot the 'thug' while he had possession of the gun then I'd bet that you'd be justified. Just my :twocents:

This.

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    If i was the skater I would of used the skateboard over his face repeatedly (stradegy known as truck f***ing due to using the metal truck) until he probably wouldn't move or wouldn't breath. He was still trying to get up afterwards which could still be a threat of either repossesion of his weapon, attacking again with body or weapon, or fleeing away and cops never finding him.

Top Bottom