• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I know many of you already know about this, but I put skateboard tape on all the places on my CZ P01 that I would like to have checkered, and the effect was amazing! My accuracy went way up due to my ability to hold the weapon more securely. When I tried to grip tight in the past, my hand still slipped around, I think. Anyway, it helped tremendously.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I know many of you already know about this, but I put skateboard tape on
    I have it on my Kimber. It does feel better with grip.
    I'll bite. Here's mine:
    HolsterPics007.jpg

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    I would like to see some pics. Did you have any problems getting the tape to stick on front and backstrap?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Does the skate tape ruin the finish after being left on or does it easily clean up? I have a park'd finish on my 1911 and would maybe like to add some personal touches to it.

Edit if I would get different grips. Or should I keep the hogue?

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Does the skate tape ruin the finish after being left on or does it easily clean up? I have a park'd finish on my 1911 and would maybe like to add some personal touches to it.

Edit if I would get different grips. Or should I keep the hogue?
    I know we used to have problems keeping the stuff on our skateboards. Some brands were a lot better than others though. So I suppose it would depend on if it was cheap tape or not. Either way, I don't think you'd have a problem. Nothing a little acetone couldn't fix anyway. (just take off the grips before using acetone!) The sticky stuff is almost like a gummy/rubbery sort of glue and doesn't dry on.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    tape

i have had it on my nite stand gun for years. really helps, not only for the way it grips your hand for shooting but also for gun retention. hold it and have someone try and pull it out of your hand with and without. if anybody near franklin needs any i have enough to do every gun on this site. its free if you want some

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Use it on my Glock for shooting sports. Prolly wouldn't work so well for carry.

IMG_3981.jpg

That is was i was going to ask. If it is your carry gun wouldn't the left side rub on your skin (for right handed CC). Also you think if this did happen, only tapping the right side would help with the grip?

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's what I use on my Buckmark Camper. I bought the cheapest version of Buckmark, then realized that the slide wasn't designed as well as the more expensive models. The serrations were at the wrong places, not where I'd grab them, and there's no "grabbing ears" like on a Ruger 22/45 or other Buckmarks:

051379l.jpg

So I used some Black Magic grip tape to fix that, made by Shorty's(Shorty's Skateboards - The Most Complete Hardware Company in the World), which supposed to be the best out there. It makes chambering the first round, especially when the hammer is not cocked, that much easier...

Here're some pics for those that lack imagination (just kiddin')

47879925.jpg

90368565.jpg

I also added a HiViz front sight, just what my aging eyes need...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom