• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    nothing surprises me anymore

I have a neighbor whos 13 year old son was born without hips and only one arm. He is about four foot tall and uses an electric wheel chair to get around.. The school assigned him a locker on the second tier and his mother has to go to school and argue with the office why he needs one on the bottom tier (which is the only one he can reach). They also assigned him to a regular bus instead of the handicapped one this year.

She says I wouldn't believe what she has to fight with the school over; YES I DO. :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    OK, so you think he shouldn't have gotten a week?
    Yes and no.

Compare the "threat of a grenade" vs. "threat of a 'finger gun'" on a one-to-one basis and the threat of the grenade outweighs the finger gun, so kicking the kid out for a finger gun seems silly to me.

For the grenade situation, it may have caused a scare of the faculty but it wasn't an illegal object by itself nor against any Indiana law according to the newspaper article I read. It was against school board rules and considered a weapon under the zero tolerance policy. My opinion? It isn't a weapon. Give it back to the kid at the end of the day or turn it over to his parents and ask that it not come back to school, admonish the kid that it was a distraction and send him on his merry way.

Top Bottom