• ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Six year old suspended for hand gesture
    … no, not that hand gesture, one much more benign.

A six-year-old Michigan boy was suspended for making a gun gesture with his hand.

That’s right, hoplophobia and Big Brother Nanny-ism has reached a new low in Michigan.

From Fox News:

Erin Jammer, said her son, Mason, was just playing around when he made the gesture Wednesday, the Grand Rapids Press reported.

"I do think it's harsh for a six-year-old. He's six and he just likes to play. Maybe what you could do is take his recess away. He's only six and he doesn't understand any of this," Erin Jammer said.

But officials at Jefferson Elementary School said the behavior made other students uncomfortable, and they suspended Mason for the remainder of the week, the paper reported.

Anti-gun activism is rampant at all level of government. Gun owners must continue to be vigilant, and counter these sort of outrageous actions.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Wow......how can you suspend a six-year-old? That's just crazy talk. He is to young to really understand. It seems like some schools would rather just punish then teach these days.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Completely absurd. If I were the parent, I would be demanding the suspension be revoked and removed from his record. I would demand a public apology. If they refused, I would be at that school constantly pointing out things to the staff and the media that "made me uncomfortable". And, obviously I would switch schools.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    News from the Future:

Dateline: September, 2010
    Incoming students are all shown pictures of firearms on the first day of school. Those students who recognize them are suspended for the year.
    Doug

Last edited:

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    A classic case of where our society is headed, since when is making other people "uncomfortable" a punishable offense?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, and if he would have used a different finger then they would celebrate his diversity.

Is anybody getting the feeling that this politically correct nonsense is starting
    to wear on the nerves of the American people yet?
    Common sense is dying on the vine and I think we are on the verge of an awakening.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Okay, a little different story now. He had been warned for "several months" about this and still refused to quit. Now I believe he got suspended for being a brat. The punishment may be a little harsh but this is not a one time thing here. I was always taught even at that age not to point a toy gun or even pretend to shoot someone. Me thinks there is more to this story.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If it was a disruption to the class, and was happening repeatedly, and he was warned over and over... then sure, maybe he needs a suspension for being unruly and disruptive... but only if he was disrupting the class. That wouldn't apply to recess.

edited because I didn't read the whole thread first...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay, a little different story now. He had been warned for "several months" about this and still refused to quit. Now I believe he got suspended for being a brat. The punishment may be a little harsh but this is not a one time thing here. I was always taught even at that age not to point a toy gun or even pretend to shoot someone. Me thinks there is more to this story.

Darn you. Don't mess up a good story with inconvenient facts.:D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    And today I just made a wooden toy gun for my 2 year old. :):

I guess I'd better homeschool the little whippersnapper now...

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Just another reason I send my kids to catholic school. He's six years old, disruptive or not he's probably got an attention span of 15 seconds. Schools need to get over spending millions on athletics and concentrate more on teaching.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Geeze, when I was in kindergarten I pinched a girl's butt. I got sent to the office and lectured then went back to the classroom. I never did it again. I supposed nowadays I would've been labeled a sexual predator and charged with sexual assault, and been a criminal all my life; leaving me with no other option than the criminal way. Man I'm glad that I grew up in a good school system. I can only hope for the same for my kids.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Like usual, we don't get the whole story the first time. If he's been repeatedly told not to do it then he got what he deserved he already had his warning.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see. There are other cicumstances involved. Be smart and take a step back and access the situation.

Top Bottom