• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    I missed this incident by about 15 minutes...Police pursuit ends with gunman dead, hostage hurt

Two days ago a murder in my home town...Murder charges filed in beating death of Milford man | Myinforms About 1250 residents in Milford.

Multiple people saw the man running with a gun in Watseka before he carjacked and kidnapped the hostage, whom I know personally. Ladies and gentleman, this could have ended in Watseka if someone had their concealed carry permit. The perp was vulnerable for at least 3 minutes. Many lives were put at risk in the chase that followed.

As far as the murder in town. Never think that you cannot get killed in a fistfight. Heads up, eyes moving, always aware of your surroundings and be prepared for anything. Crime is not limited to Chiraq!

Be safe, learn to move, shoot, and find good cover. Train, train, train!!!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    A lot of people take for granted situational awareness, I strongly believe that the minute you walk out of the safe zone (most of the time home) is time to flip the switch on and not until you have returned to that zone and made it secure is time to take it down a notch. Unfortunately I learned to be alert through very hard lessons.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    So if we see someone carrying a gun, we should shoot him?

If you aren't directly involved, you better be absolutely sure what's going on before pulling the trigger. I've read about numerous situations where a gun owner intervened and the situation wasn't exactly what it seemed to be, and it didn't end well.

Not saying that one should never intervene, but the pitfalls are many.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Of course you can get killed in a 'fist fight'...or any other kind of fight...or just by accident. Happens all the time.

SA is the key to survival every day. As we used to say in the debrief, you never realize how bad you've lost your SA until you get it back.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Someone should've told the robber / carjacker / hostage taker that b.s. about 'being safe crossing State lines' doesn't work any more. People watch too many movies about the early 1900's, I guess.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Situational awareness is everything, even if you don't carry a gun. Whether riding a motorcycle or driving a car or flying an airplane or driving a boat or walking across a parking lot- it is your most important tool. Use it.

rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    So if we see someone carrying a gun, we should shoot him?

If you aren't directly involved, you better be absolutely sure what's going on before pulling the trigger. I've read about numerous situations where a gun owner intervened and the situation wasn't exactly what it seemed to be, and it didn't end well.

Not saying that one should never intervene, but the pitfalls are many.

I apologize for not getting my point across clearly. Knowing the area as I do, and constantly being aware, as I am, there was definitely a protracted period of time that would have allowed for a careful survey of what was happening and possible intervention. Yes, we all need to be clear on what is going on, which I would have been as I know the lady who was kidnapped. Had I been in an unfamiliar area, the situation would have been entirely different. Yes, pitfalls abound, but a guy charging across Route 24 gun in hand heading for a truck/person that I know and care for would cause me to react. I do not know what NAPA's policy is on employee concealed carry, but if I worked there I would want it to be defined immediately!

Top Bottom