• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sounds like things are getting pretty crazy at the Speedway Kroger, at least for this person.

The old location (2001) slightly west in the mall where it used to be was a :poop:hole then, new store (current location) was built. It's still a :poop:hole. Vendor's delivering there constantly have to have their heads on a swivel to watch out for thievery.

My old beer job, we almost had a truck stolen there, idiot didn't know how to drive a stick.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sounds like things are getting pretty crazy at the Speedway Kroger, at least for this person.

I find a few things odd about this...

- A good samaritan saving someone from putting green pepper in a meatloaf isn't something to complain about.
    - If someone pulls a gun on me ONCE somewhere, after the DA decides that I acted in self defense and the charges are dropped, I'm never returning there again. Who would even do this?
    - Who would just hang out for a parking space while being screamed at by the potentially violent current occupants of that space? Just move on...
    - Is this person an employee or a customer? Kroger doesn't send me a W2 for shopping there.

I can understand that this could be a really rough neighborhood, and a crappy store, but there's a lot of bad math trying to add up with this one...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I find a few things odd about this...

- A good samaritan saving someone from putting green pepper in a meatloaf isn't something to complain about.
    - If someone pulls a gun on me ONCE somewhere, after the DA decides that I acted in self defense and the charges are dropped, I'm never returning there again. Who would even do this?
    - Who would just hang out for a parking space while being screamed at by the potentially violent current occupants of that space? Just move on...
    - Is this person an employee or a customer? Kroger doesn't send me a W2 for shopping there.

I can understand that this could be a really rough neighborhood, and a crappy store, but there's a lot of bad math trying to add up with this one...

Not to mention that it appears English Comp classes are declining in their effectiveness,

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1. I've been to that Kroger - certainly not the best shopping experience.
    2. I couldn't make heads or tails of that gibberish - don't people know how to write?
    3. Don't police handicap spots. Period.
    4. And WTF does his race have to do with it?

My coworker has a placard, but you'd probably think it's his grandma's. He big, strong, and healthy; except his knees. Says he carried a lot of heavy backpacks as a Marine.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    1. I've been to that Kroger - certainly not the best shopping experience.
    2. I couldn't make heads or tails of that gibberish - don't people know how to write?
    3. Don't police handicap spots. Period.
    4. And WTF does his race have to do with it?

My coworker has a placard, but you'd probably think it's his grandma's. He big, strong, and healthy; except his knees. Says he carried a lot of heavy backpacks as a Marine.

I think the guy wanted the handicap spot the "urban youths" were occupying... Yeah, move on, I agree. As for race, he was describing the other party (albeit not in the most scholarly terms).

The upshot is: Be aware. As this thing festers more people will be on edge and more likely to snap. I've seen the stress, the near-panic bubbling just under the surface just pushing a shopping cart or driving around town.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The upshot is: Be aware. As this thing festers more people will be on edge and more likely to snap. I've seen the stress, the near-panic bubbling just under the surface just pushing a shopping cart or driving around town.

Ehhh... My take away on that one is "Beware of s***posting BS artists screaming "look at me" on social media."

To be clear, the BS artist here isn't you, it's the tweeter/Facebooker, IMO. Just too much "WTF?" in this story for my taste in the absence of actual evidence. The W2 part really has me thinking this is just someone with an axe to grind with Kroger.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think the guy wanted the handicap spot the "urban youths" were occupying... Yeah, move on, I agree. As for race, he was describing the other party (albeit not in the most scholarly terms).

Well, it does reek of some bias; especially, "the second brother yelled..."

I figured out the W2 part - it's sarcasm about the self-checkout; so I wonder what his INGO username is.

This sort of crap happens all the time, I not ready to link it to the quarantine measures yet. I'd actually like to hear the other side: what things did he yell out while waiting? How was he waiting? I'm going to guess just stopped in the lane blocking traffic.

OTH, I saw two cars parked in the fire lane, unattended, at Meijer, and thought to myself, "so this is how the breakdown of society begins..."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it does reek of some bias; especially, "the second brother yelled..."

I figured out the W2 part - it's sarcasm about the self-checkout; so I wonder what his INGO username is.

This sort of crap happens all the time, I not ready to link it to the quarantine measures yet. I'd actually like to hear the other side: what things did he yell out while waiting? How was he waiting? I'm going to guess just stopped in the lane blocking traffic.

OTH, I saw two cars parked in the fire lane, unattended, at Meijer, and thought to myself, "so this is how the breakdown of society begins..."

Yes. The Bias is those who use and stand behind the race card.
    If you do not see it. If have not experienced it then stop judging those who have.
    That is my neck of the woods. And yes I have had issue with a few folks there of that particular culture. Never had a gun pulled on me but you folks need to wake up and very soon. LEO is not policing right now. They are "Patrolling"...….that's it. And the bad guys are aware trust me.

As this progresses it will get worse. Culture be damned but this is who you expect to see this from and they never fail to comply. So in this we are just stating cold bold hard facts. Wake up.

That lot is at near capacity from before the store opens until it closes. We were there yesterday 5 minutes after it opened and we had a good walk to get in. If someone is disabled and needs the spot so what. Give it to them. These crap heads do this all the time and relish in the fact they can threaten and scare people. **** them.

Before you jump back on me be aware I am loaded for bear today. There is nothing racist in my statements. Just cold bold hard facts.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just leaving Kroger in Brownsburg. No pasta, no ground beef either. But they did have toilet paper so I grabbed a couple packages along with some hotdogs, chips and fruit snacks for the kids.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just leaving Kroger in Brownsburg. No pasta, no ground beef either. But they did have toilet paper so I grabbed a couple packages along with some hotdogs, chips and fruit snacks for the kids.

We drove by the Speedway Kroger this morning.....lot was packed.
    Drove by the Avon Wally and lot was overflowing.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As someone who has a legitimate handicapped hanger tag. I learned long ago just to let it go. I have my days where I really need the space when all my surgical metal and arthritis acts up. I criticized a young woman for parking in a handicapped space once. I thought I was pretty nice and non confrontational about it. All I did was tell her that she could get an expensive ticket for parking in the handicapped space. She had no plate or hanger. She angrily replied "What are you the Handicap POLICE" as I limped by with my cane. To shorten it up after some additional words I ended up calling her a ***** and that set her on fire! But I just turned to her and glared at her with cane in hand ready to crack her with it. But she just continued with insults and left after a couple of short minutes. It was one of those painful days and I really was not in the mood to fight so I just STFU and let her rant but she would have gotten a mouthful and crotch full of cane had she closed the distance any. So just stay safe out there people!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As someone who has a legitimate handicapped hanger tag. I learned long ago just to let it go. I have my days where I really need the space when all my surgical metal and arthritis acts up. I criticized a young woman for parking in a handicapped space once. I thought I was pretty nice and non confrontational about it. All I did was tell her that she could get an expensive ticket for parking in the handicapped space. She had no plate or hanger. She angrily replied "What are you the Handicap POLICE" as I limped by with my cane. To shorten it up after some additional words I ended up calling her a ***** and that set her on fire! But I just turned to her and glared at her with cane in hand ready to crack her with it. But she just continued with insults and left after a couple of short minutes. It was one of those painful days and I really was not in the mood to fight so I just STFU and let her rant but she would have gotten a mouthful and crotch full of cane had she closed the distance any. So just stay safe out there people!

Here is the thing that makes that particular Kroger a zoo at times. The huge Apt. complex right behind it that marked the end of civility in the Speedway area especially when section 8 forced them to accept those people. Say what you will but if the truth hurts just stop posting in here. This is the situation. And it is sad. Just a handful make it crazy. Most just want to get their food and get home but that 5% of idiots want to show their butts. This is from personal experience and not judging from another side of Indy or city.

I will end my responses to this but fellas….do not sit on high and cast judgement until you have experienced it. Just do not please. Some folks actually need those spaces.

End of rant.

Top Bottom