• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everyone seems to be trying to buy 6 months worth of stuff

The major malfunction is most of these people watch liberal news stations or read liberal print and have been hypnotized into a panic fever that we're heading towards TEOTWAWKI, therefore they have been revved up into panic mode and continue to be kept there because pf the increased panic of the stock market. One person gets all crazy, wild eyed, Monkey see, monkey do, or be a Lemming.

Same as some one jumping up in a movie theater and yelling FIRE when there's no smoke or flames, 95% of the people will go bat :poop: crazy running over people to get out. Fear is a panic enhancer and the more who react adversely to it, the more it multiplies as people react to others around them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had no idea they even made holsters for those things in good times. I was told you just shove them down your pants next to your twig and berries.

Good news he has a new pistol. Bad news is his new pistol is gonna smell like an ashtray for the next 6 months until it airs out. LOL

NO! ESPECIALLY with this mild winters, you want those critters around to eat all the ticks. Ugly as sin but man are they effective.

I'm in! I'll bring bread. Wouldnt by any chance have a tin of Jalapeno Cheddar Spam would ya? Damn thats good stuff.

And I grew up on fried spam in lieu of bacon because we were poor.

And mac and cheese makes a great side with it. get a little of that cheese on it. YUM!

I loves me some campfire fried up span and eggs all in the same skillet.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Up way to early also, but at work. Left Owen County at 0230 to get to work in Indy by 0400. I live outside of town. All 3 roads going to town were flooded, finally picked the least flooded and drove through. Local market in Spencer restocked bread yesterday and it was going fast. Limit 3 loafs per customer.

Also, plenty of meat, milk, eggs. No TP.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back from Kroger. No TP, very little bread. Only Jumbo, Medium and XL eggs. No butter except the fake stuff, no cream cheese, almost no sliced cheese.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I just bought groceries at Kroger in Greenwood near Worthville road and US 31. No toilet paper but Kroger brand napkins and paper towel. The vegetable shelves were nearly bare. Enough food for me to buy our groceries for the coming week.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Daughter went to the commissary at USMC base in Quantico this AM in search of meat. Said the line to get in was hundreds of people long. She decided to go vegan.:rolleyes:

I'm just guessing, but I assume they are either limiting the number of people allowed in at one time, or checking people's temperatures before letting them in. Or both.:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to Aldi and it was pretty picked over. Made a second trip to Kroger and got my biscuits and cream cheese that weren't there earlier this morning. No TP at either place. I'm in really good shape now though.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Back in the day, I knew people with more than a months supply of drugs ferreted away and no TP for the weekend. Some had guns with less than 10 rounds for them. This noon with the sleepy out of my eyes I toasted a bagel and fried 2 eggs while doing the dishes from dinner last evening. I've been hitting the milk a little hard as the jug is dated 3/16 and the next gallon is on the shelf waiting to start. What ever I don't waste I don't have to restock. I baked a loaf of white bread in the middle of the night do to poor timing for the starting. Again using some of that outdated milk. My hood has had the steady supply of traffic it's had all year. My neighbor pointed out my water hoard near the front of my garage. I have always kept about 200 bottles there on a small rolling dolly. It may be time to move it out of sight. I'll be auditing for any other prepping clues that can be gleaned from outside today and correcting. Like the red fuel cans near the door, Doh! Quiet other than my dog saying hi to the neighbor's dog and little terrorists. A set of twins that will soon look like a scene from the shining. LOL

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've been hitting the milk a little hard as the jug is dated 3/16 and the next gallon is on the shelf waiting to start. What ever I don't waste I don't have to restock.

FWIW, I've had good success with freezing milk for at least a few weeks at a time.

Top Bottom