• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wow! How in the world did that break not compound?!

I've seen a handful of kickboxing videos where the exact same thing happened. Didn't see any compounds. The worst one to watch was one where the guy put his foot back down like he was trying to stand on it. Didn't turn out well.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    The crack of the kick sounded different, then he went down. I really didn't want to see the replay of something that I knew had happened to him. Instead I went to get a second dinner.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He needs to go study at Cobra Kai. They'll teach him how to properly Sweep The Leg.

In all seriousness, here is a video Bas Rutten posted last year, specifically talking about this:

[video=youtube;iFsGDlldNTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFsGDlldNTc[/video]

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    He needs to go study at Cobra Kai. They'll teach him how to properly Sweep The Leg.

In all seriousness, here is a video Bas Rutten posted last year, specifically talking about this:

[video=youtube;iFsGDlldNTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFsGDlldNTc[/video]

Bas is right...however watch the video and you will see that Silva did what Bas said. His leg was turned the right way for impact, along with him turning his hips....it wasn't a leg sweep either. Silva just kicked so dang hard, and Weidman blocked just right. Silva brute force just broke his own leg.

Top Bottom