Sig Sauer 1911 ultra compact 45 ACP a love story.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Over the weekend I went gun shopping. My intent was to go to Indy and pick up a Ruger LC9 and or a Ruger SR9C. I thought my mind was made up on one or both of these guns. I had already held both guns previously and liked them.

On the way to Indy I stopped at our local gun show. One of the dealers, who we purchased my son's Yugo SKS from a few months ago, had a really nice Sig. It was a two tone 1911 ultra compact 45 ACP. I had never given much thought to buying a Sig. Nor had I actually handled many of them.

I talked to the dealer a little and he told me his lowest price. I liked the gun but wasn't planning on spending that much on one gun. Besides it was a 45 ACP, I have no experience with them. I searched the internet on my phone but still couldn't make up my mind on the gun. I told the dealer I might check back on Sunday if I didn't find anything in Indy.

Unfortunately after holding a Sig 1911, there wasn't anything else that compared to it at the gun stores I went to. I held both the LC9 and the SR9C but they no longer whispered to me take them home. I had been looking forward to bringing one or both of them home all week, but found the magic to be missing when I finally had the opportunity to buy them. I looked in all the cases to see if there was anything as nice as the Sig. I found nothing else that talked to me the way the little 1911 had.

I knew what I had to do. I came home from Indy empty handed. Sunday after I got my chores done, I headed back to the gun show to see if the little 1911 was still there. The dealer was smoking outside near the door. He asked me if I was there to buy his gun. I told him I would stop by. I looked around a little before I did. I talked to him a little and he cut the plastic tab off the gun so I could rack the slide. I still couldn't make up my mind. I told him I was going to look around some more and would probably stop back by.

I looked around at all the other tables. I couldn't find any other small compact guns that compared to the little Sig. So I went back to his table and held the gun again and talked to him some more. While holding it, I finally accepted that the little 1911 was meant to come home with me. He offered it to me at a lower price than quoted earlier. I countered and he accepted. So I bought the Sig. I picked up a couple boxes of ammo and a holster for it and headed home.

Today I was able to take it to the range. I was very impressed with the gun. I have never shot a 45 ACP or a Sig before. I am very pleased with how well it shot. I'm still working on my accuracy when I shoot. I am usually happy just to hit anywhere on the paper target. Six of the first seven shots I fired hit the paper. I was very pleased with the performance of this gun. I know buying this gun was definitely a good decision.

2012-07-08_15-10-42_450-1.jpg

2012-07-09_17-20-46_112.jpg

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    i have a C3 also. i sold my laser that was on it and got some vz grips with a peacemaker rubber finger grove. love the grips on this gun

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I had one in all black. Loved it, but was offered more than I could refuse to sell it. If I get another 3" 1911, that will be the one.

Mark

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Cliff Notes of lurrrve follow:

after holding a Sig 1911, there wasn't anything else that compared to it

I found nothing else that talked to me the way the little 1911 had.

I knew what I had to do.

the little 1911 was meant to come home with me

I was very impressed with the gun.

I know buying this gun was definitely a good decision.

The world needs more chicks with 1911s!

This Thread Is

joplin-expats-stamp-of-approval.png

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Agree!. Now put a couple thousand rounds through it and your accuracy and confidence will greatly improve.

Rounds through it will definitely increase your confidence in the function and reliability of the gun, but improvement of accuracy will only come with consistent proper methods (such as grip and stance).
    There are those here who disagree with that... but I don't care. :D

By the way, here's the grip method I use;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCMfN6ycQk

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Rounds through it will definitely increase your confidence in the function and reliability of the gun, but improvement of accuracy will only come with consistent proper methods (such as grip and stance).
    There are those here who disagree with that... but I don't care. :D

By the way, here's the grip method I use;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCMfN6ycQk

Thanks JetGirl! I forgot about the push pull. I'll try that next time.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Over the weekend I went gun shopping. My intent was to go to Indy and pick up a Ruger LC9 and or a Ruger SR9C. I thought my mind was made up on one or both of these guns. I had already held both guns previously and liked them.

On the way to Indy I stopped at our local gun show. One of the dealers, who we purchased my son's Yugo SKS from a few months ago, had a really nice Sig. It was a two tone 1911 ultra compact 45 ACP. I had never given much thought to buying a Sig. Nor had I actually handled many of them.

I talked to the dealer a little and he told me his lowest price. I liked the gun but wasn't planning on spending that much on one gun. Besides it was a 45 ACP, I have no experience with them. I searched the internet on my phone but still couldn't make up my mind on the gun. I told the dealer I might check back on Sunday if I didn't find anything in Indy.

Unfortunately after holding a Sig 1911, there wasn't anything else that compared to it at the gun stores I went to. I held both the LC9 and the SR9C but they no longer whispered to me take them home. I had been looking forward to bringing one or both of them home all week, but found the magic to be missing when I finally had the opportunity to buy them. I looked in all the cases to see if there was anything as nice as the Sig. I found nothing else that talked to me the way the little 1911 had.

I knew what I had to do. I came home from Indy empty handed. Sunday after I got my chores done, I headed back to the gun show to see if the little 1911 was still there. The dealer was smoking outside near the door. He asked me if I was there to buy his gun. I told him I would stop by. I looked around a little before I did. I talked to him a little and he cut the plastic tab off the gun so I could rack the slide. I still couldn't make up my mind. I told him I was going to look around some more and would probably stop back by.

I looked around at all the other tables. I couldn't find any other small compact guns that compared to the little Sig. So I went back to his table and held the gun again and talked to him some more. While holding it, I finally accepted that the little 1911 was meant to come home with me. He offered it to me at a lower price than quoted earlier. I countered and he accepted. So I bought the Sig. I picked up a couple boxes of ammo and a holster for it and headed home.

Today I was able to take it to the range. I was very impressed with the gun. I have never shot a 45 ACP or a Sig before. I am very pleased with how well it shot. I'm still working on my accuracy when I shoot. I am usually happy just to hit anywhere on the paper target. Six of the first seven shots I fired hit the paper. I was very pleased with the performance of this gun. I know buying this gun was definitely a good decision.

2012-07-08_15-10-42_450-1.jpg

2012-07-09_17-20-46_112.jpg

:rockwoot:

Hey your shooting at my range. :D That's a nice piece you got. Did you buy that from one of our local dealers or just a dealer that was at the show?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    :rockwoot:

Hey your shooting at my range. :D That's a nice piece you got. Did you buy that from one of our local dealers or just a dealer that was at the show?

Yes, I was at your range, where were you? :)

I picked it up from one of the show dealers I think highly of. My son and I met him at one of the Indy shows last winter when we were looking at SKS's. Even though he didn't have one to sell at that show, he took the time to show my son what to check for on the SKS's.

When he saw me at an earlier Richmond show, he remembered me and said he had the gun my son was looking for. My son checked it out and we bought the SKS. We have seen him at other shows and he has always been friendly.

Since I like the dealer I was inclined to buy from him again. He also made me a really good deal on it so it was hard to pass it up. The box had a January date on it and he said his friend hadn't fired it much. The gun looked brand new.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Yes, I was at your range, where were you? :)

I picked it up from one of the show dealers I think highly of. My son and I met him at one of the Indy shows last winter when we were looking at SKS's. Even though he didn't have one to sell at that show, he took the time to show my son what to check for on the SKS's.

When he saw me at an earlier Richmond show, he remembered me and said he had the gun my son was looking for. My son checked it out and we bought the SKS. We have seen him at other shows and he has always been friendly.

Since I like the dealer I was inclined to buy from him again. He also made me a really good deal on it so it was hard to pass it up. The box had a January date on it and he said his friend hadn't fired it much. The gun looked brand new.

Good deal. I was at home. Haven't been to the range much lately although I'm really itching to go. To many other important things to take care of and financial obligations to deal with right now. I don't want to shoot up my ammo supply right now because I can't replace it t the moment. But I can tell you a trip out with the .22's is in order just to get my fill, I'm thinking about tomorrow or Thursday since I'm off on Vacation this week and I may not get a chance to go for a few weeks if I don't go this week.

Do you know if they are still having the range closed every other Saturday morning for the boy scouts to shoot? I know they had several weeks scheduled through the summer was just curious. I haven't been out in over a month.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Good deal. I was at home. Haven't been to the range much lately although I'm really itching to go. To many other important things to take care of and financial obligations to deal with right now. I don't want to shoot up my ammo supply right now because I can't replace it t the moment. But I can tell you a trip out with the .22's is in order just to get my fill, I'm thinking about tomorrow or Thursday since I'm off on Vacation this week and I may not get a chance to go for a few weeks if I don't go this week.

Do you know if they are still having the range closed every other Saturday morning for the boy scouts to shoot? I know they had several weeks scheduled through the summer was just curious. I haven't been out in over a month.

I don't know if that is still going on. I thought they were doing it through August but I'm not sure. You might check the website.

I hear you on the ammo. I usually take my Mark III with us in case we want to shoot more after we burn up the expensive ammo. I took it yesterday but we ended up not shooting it. My son shot his Tokarev and seemed to get his feel of shooting. I just didn't want to have to clean it so I was fine with not shooting it yesterday. :)

Top Bottom