• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Anyone have any of the newish Sig Romeo line of red dot sights / reflex sights?

Just saw on the Facebook that Sig is going to soon be selling a "combo" P320 + Romeo01 reflex site for MSRP of $800. Already mounted & complete with suppressor-height Sig-lite night sights.

For those interested in A) the 320, and B) a RDS mounted on a pistol... This may very well be the least expensive way to invest in such a thing.

But - is the quality there on the Sig optics?

What about their more traditional tube-style RDS?

Who makes them FOR Sig? Holosun? Docter? Leopold?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Anyone have any of the newish Sig Romeo line of red dot sights / reflex sights?

Just saw on the Facebook that Sig is going to soon be selling a "combo" P320 + Romeo01 reflex site for MSRP of $800. Already mounted & complete with suppressor-height Sig-lite night sights.

For those interested in A) the 320, and B) a RDS mounted on a pistol... This may very well be the least expensive way to invest in such a thing.

But - is the quality there on the Sig optics?

What about their more traditional tube-style RDS?

Who makes them FOR Sig? Holosun? Docter? Leopold?

That combo is definitely on my radar. So far not a lot of reports on the Romeo, some of them being that it is less than robust.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That combo is definitely on my radar. So far not a lot of reports on the Romeo, some of them being that it is less than robust.

I think the pistol/RDS combo that Sig will soon be schlepping is a GREAT way for a body to get in to that game...

Just don't know if the Romeo lines of sights are up to par of...say...the 500lb gorilla in the industry - Trijicon.

BUT - is anyone up to that? Perhaps Aimpoint's little RDS is. I would expect it to be.

Is Vortex's RDS up to it? Docter? Burress?

I wonder if those non-RMR sights are best suited for competition vs. the rigors of EDC?

Guess time will tell.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I think the pistol/RDS combo that Sig will soon be schlepping is a GREAT way for a body to get in to that game...

Just don't know if the Romeo lines of sights are up to par of...say...the 500lb gorilla in the industry - Trijicon.

BUT - is anyone up to that? Perhaps Aimpoint's little RDS is. I would expect it to be.

Is Vortex's RDS up to it? Docter? Burress?

I wonder if those non-RMR sights are best suited for competition vs. the rigors of EDC?

Guess time will tell.

A guy I know who is a great shooter has come to that conclusion for now. RMR for carry, other sights for competition. I wish Aimpoint would get on with it already and release theirs.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    A guy I know who is a great shooter has come to that conclusion for now. RMR for carry, other sights for competition. I wish Aimpoint would get on with it already and release theirs.

Im kinda split on the RMR. I like my RMR, I am not in love with it. I have had some issues (battery contact) which makes me a bit hesitant. But the big thing that I dont like about the RMR for EDC, is the exposed LED. For EDC, having something that could easily be blocked by a piece of lint or dirt is a concern. While I would and do carry with my rmr, I have thought long and hard about switching to an T1 on my pistol.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Im kinda split on the RMR. I like my RMR, I am not in love with it. I have had some issues (battery contact) which makes me a bit hesitant. But the big thing that I dont like about the RMR for EDC, is the exposed LED. For EDC, having something that could easily be blocked by a piece of lint or dirt is a concern. While I would and do carry with my rmr, I have thought long and hard about switching to an T1 on my pistol.
    I'd think it wouldn't be a big issue, considering if you needed to use your edc and the dot was down for whatever reason, the window itself would be surprisingly accurate for self defense.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Right, until you are trying to chase around to find a dot that you expect to be there and still not seeing it.

Agreed with this and your previous comment. I am not saying the RMR is the ultimate answer, just that it is better than the other sights of its type out there right now. The market is ripe for some advancements.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Si98zBlh.jpg

Fun little RDS, seems to be nicely built. I used it to rack the slide a couple times and it worked just fine. As others have stated this is primarily a fun/competition RDS as it does shut off after so many hours.

But for $750 total I cannot complain one bit, it works just as well as the Vortex mounted on the Walther and the dot is really easy to pick up as well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    On the auto shut-off:

Is there a way to override that? I also thought I remembered reading about the sight having a "motion detector" in it that, when jostled/handled, will come back to life. If that's true, then an auto shut-off may be no big deal.

Top Bottom