• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I want to buy a dedicated .22 1911. I am pretty set on the sig 1911-22 which I understand to be the same as the gsg.

One must have is a threaded barrel. Do any of the sig 1911-22s have the threaded barrels? I am not opposed to the gsg but I would prefer the sig.

I tried searching and found lots of posts, but never anything about the sig with a threaded barrel.

Thanks,

Kyle

benjaminlee06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Downtown Indy
    Warning though, I have had failure to feed issues. It's like to you have have make sure all of the rounds are pointed as "up" as the can be. And don't over stuff the mag. Doesn't help that .22 ammo gets the gun guts dirty as hell.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The follower has been upgraded to change the angle of the topmost round in the magazine. If you have a very early GSG1911 you can also get a new machined steel bushing (to replace the cast zinc original) and a new slide stop, if you know about them to ask.

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up a Colt (I know Colt does not make them) Rail Gun 1911 22. I ran a mess of mixe ammo that is a few years old without one FTF etc. everyone went bang and it is really fun to shoot. I have many boxes of CCI mini mags and these will,probably shot wheel , too.
    (sent from my IPad where I do not necessarily hit all the right keys).

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    GSG 1911 - Christopher from ATI on 1911 Forum - 1911Forum

This place probably has the most information compiled in one place. FWIW, aside from the zinc bushing cracking and launching my recoil cap and spring down range, I've got well over 5-6k rounds through this pistol with no problems to speak of. I think the second production run used an "x" shaped guide rod that was probe to clicking and wear, but my original round version was still going like a champ when I chose to replace it with a stainless steel version. I personally really like this pistol.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have had my GSG for a good while now and still love it! Over 2000 rounds now, and I shoot everything I can get my hands on. Federal bulk, Winchester anything, Federal Target and or Match, CCI mini mags, CCI AR tactical. I have 3 mags and its a blast to shoot, wish I had a couple more mags. I played with the sig version at my LGS the other day, nice but not any better than my GSG for over $100 more. :n00b: And they all have threaded barrels yes.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I just picked up a Colt (I know Colt does not make them) Rail Gun 1911 22. I ran a mess of mixe ammo that is a few years old without one FTF etc. everyone went bang and it is really fun to shoot. I have many boxes of CCI mini mags and these will,probably shot wheel , too.
    (sent from my IPad where I do not necessarily hit all the right keys).

Do the Colts have threaded barrels?

I am so concerned about the barrel because 90% of the rounds I put through this gun will exit through a Kestrel suppressor.

Thanks.

Kyle

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Do the Colts have threaded barrels?

I am so concerned about the barrel because 90% of the rounds I put through this gun will exit through a Kestrel suppressor.

Thanks.

Kyle

I don't know if the Colt's have a threaded barrel but I do know that the barrel is fixed to the frame on it. The GSG and Sig have removable barrels like a 45 1911. :twocents:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I have both the GSG & the Sig. I feel like the extra $ is worth it. The fit, finish, & feel of my Sig is much more refined, IMO. Both are really fun & I'll be checking about the upgrades mentioned earlier. I have a few mags that have given me fits from day one...

Also, every barrel I've seen is threaded, OP should be G2G!

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I got one of these for my dad for Christmas last year, and it has been great. Feeds about everything and does have a threaded barrel.

Top Bottom