• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Adams County
    The 2 of mine would go with me. If they become a problem (one probably would) thats it they are done, my family is far more important. The other dog should be fine till our food is gone. I would have to see how it goes.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i would take all 5 of my dogs. 4 would come in handy the 5th (my lab mix) is just a lap dog

my 3 rabbit dogs would come in handy for obvious reasons.

my rottwieler would come in handy for diffrent but obvious reasons

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Apparently the Marines do... :) :patriot:

capt.photo_1265739433519-2-0.jpg

And so do these Marines! :patriot:

capt.d56c88160caf473686dcc0eb2497d7f1.afghanistan_afgev101.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If anyone's dog is "an untrained POS" then whose fault is that?

But I suppose that's typical these days--folk fail to do their jobs and responsibilities then expect someone else to pay the price for it.

IMO, you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. There's an old old saying (goes back to Roman times) "He who would strike at my dog would strike at me if he dared."

One might want to think about what the answers one gives (if only to oneself) to questions like this says about oneself. Just something to think about.
    Look at the forum you are in. It is not the Walt Disney, play nice, tell me what I want to hear so I can live in denial forum. I do think about my answers. Most of them have 30 to 40 years of thinking behind them along with generations of wisom passed on to me by real survivors.

If the SHTF and your dog is not trained, it is too late, just like any piece of gear you own or process you should have mastered. If you even have to ask if you should take your dog..................what does that say?

Analyze that Freud. I made some assumptions about you from your pansy *** answer too. Pontificators are a waste of resources. What do you know about dogs?

Do you have to ask a group of people if you should take a gun?

My dog hunts so obvioulsy she is not gun shy. She follows verbal, hand commands and whistle, she guards, she stays in camp without me having to watch over her. I can call her off anything at any time. She hunts FOR me, will eat ANYTHING and can feed herself. None of that happened by accident.

I would kill anyone or anything that would do her harm and she would do the same for us or die trying.

If you don't train your dog, it is on you. When SHTF it is a useless POS serves no purpose, unable to survive, consumes resources and can harm your family in many ways.

Read up on what has been said in regards to research on what dogs would survive and why.

My short answer still stands, if it ain't trained, it ain't worth having, just like people.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Absolutely, not only is my dog part of the family, she's big which adds security if I have to separate from the family for hunting, etc. My dog will eat anyone that messes with my wife or kids especially when I'm not present. She's protective and I love that fact.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'd bring mine. She'd probably be no real use, but her I made her collar out of 40 feet of paracord, so not completely useless :)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    +1

Look at the forum you are in. It is not the Walt Disney, play nice, tell me what I want to hear so I can live in denial forum. I do think about my answers. Most of them have 30 to 40 years of thinking behind them along with generations of wisom passed on to me by real survivors.

If the SHTF and your dog is not trained, it is too late, just like any piece of gear you own or process you should have mastered. If you even have to ask if you should take your dog..................what does that say?

Analyze that Freud. I made some assumptions about you from your pansy *** answer too. Pontificators are a waste of resources. What do you know about dogs?

Do you have to ask a group of people if you should take a gun?

My dog hunts so obvioulsy she is not gun shy. She follows verbal, hand commands and whistle, she guards, she stays in camp without me having to watch over her. I can call her off anything at any time. She hunts FOR me, will eat ANYTHING and can feed herself. None of that happened by accident.

I would kill anyone or anything that would do her harm and she would do the same for us or die trying.

If you don't train your dog, it is on you. When SHTF it is a useless POS serves no purpose, unable to survive, consumes resources and can harm your family in many ways.

Read up on what has been said in regards to research on what dogs would survive and why.

My short answer still stands, if it ain't trained, it ain't worth having, just like people.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Kinda funny reading some of the posts on here, especially those talking about their yappy dogs and how much value they will have.

Some of you must have never heard of noise discipline. Depending on the situation and seriousness of the SHTF scenario, Your yappy little dog may just rat you out to someone looking to pop you, steal your stuff, and eat your dog.

My protection dogs are trained not to bark unless they are told to. They will attack on command without making a sound. The same can't be said for the unlucky bastard they hit.

I'm not saying my dogs are great and your's suck. Im just saying that you should consider the sitation before making such a blanket decision, especially one that while well-intentioned could cost you your life.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would take our dog.

He is 120 lbs of love, but he has a wicked bark and will bark at anyone.

He has scared people off the sidewalk, just due to him being a big black dog...lol

rayf268

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    ft wayne
    kinda depends on what is going on if a nat disaster and home destroyed dogs are coming, zombies or other kill or be killed scenario dogs might have to go. case by case thing. mine are just house dogs intimidating being pit bulls but nothing that will do much good in a total undoing of civilization thing

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Gotta bring the dog. The earliest domestication of dogs was for use as sentries; they simply hear and sense approachers earlier than we do. A good tip I read for small - midsize dogs in a shtf scenario is to feed them small rodents. Buy a few mouse traps at your dollar store and catch your dog's food every night.

Top Bottom