• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hope my wife doesn't hear, we had our 2.5 year old there. Kinda wimpy bang actually. Figured it was a .22. Goofball shouldn't be carrying let alone selling.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I about got caught up in it on 38th, I couldn't figure out what was going on.

As we were walking out the State Police came flying down 38th street toward the fair grounds and then did a U-turn right in front of the 1500. A few seconds later 2 Marion County Sheriff's were Signal 10 down 38th street passing the 1500 and then a guy in a SUV did a u-turn right in front of the 1500 squealing his tires heading the opposite direction. A few seconds later both the Marion County Cars came flying back the opposite direction.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I t was interesting that in this setting, after hearing a gunshot that everyone just went about ther business. No body dove behind tables, screamed, ran, cried, just looked around and went back to looking at goodies. It probably was a blessing that the show was not crowded at all today. What a change to be able to walk through the aisle without being bumped around. An only one smelly guy that I found!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I t was interesting that in this setting, after hearing a gunshot that everyone just went about ther business. No body dove behind tables, screamed, ran, cried, just looked around and went back to looking at goodies. It probably was a blessing that the show was not crowded at all today. What a change to be able to walk through the aisle without being bumped around. An only one smelly guy that I found!

Gunshots don't sound like they do in the movies. I think most people just assume someone dropped something. When the restaurant I worked at was robbed, years ago, I thought someone had just dropped a pan on the floor. It's not surprising that the average person doesn't really react.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Gunshots don't sound like they do in the movies. I think most people just assume someone dropped something. When the restaurant I worked at was robbed, years ago, I thought someone had just dropped a pan on the floor. It's not surprising that the average person doesn't really react.
    Exactly - most of the people near me at the 1500 today guessed that it was a table falling over.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Someone ****s up and hurts my boy down there I am coming down with the PKM and a world of hurt!

Exactly! I was going to take my young son to this show, now...:xmad:

That is BS he will not be charged. At least they should revoke his LTCH. That negligence could have made you one short in your car ride home tonight.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have to commend every officer in the place. No fast movements, no drawn weapons. Calm and collected. I'm sure it would have been a different story if people were running and screaming.

Well, the one I saw was at a run going towards the area about 10s after it happened. Not really fast, but hey, he was trying!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

QFT I will admit that it was not as loud as I would have expected and wondered if something had fallen. And yes....I have heard gunshots before:D. Just not in a crowded building.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    QFT I will admit that it was not as loud as I would have expected and wondered if something had fallen. And yes....I have heard gunshots before:D. Just not in a crowded building.

Well, of course we've all heard gunshots, but almost exclusively at a range. When you hear them out-of-context, as it were, you don't immediately connect the dots. In, for example, a mall, I would expect the same reaction until someone sees a secondary feature: a gun, someone falling down, a chase, etc. The shot itself is not enough information for people to process an instinctive reaction. You see the same thing in nature videos when the leopard is sneaking up on the pack of gazelles. The twig snap makes them all look up, but none of them runs until the first pounce.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have the least experience listening to gunshots here.... And I assumed it was a gunshot. Hard to believe people thought it was a table. We were in center of building. I assumed it hit the floor, no screams, not much commotion.

When you have 15,000 guns and 1 mil rounds of ammo, the hoofprints aren't from zebras

sinisterright

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My brother and I were in the same isle but down a ways. We were very surprised at the silence, the lack of response, and the return to normal. I wanted to know where the round went. Very glad nobody else was hit. It could have easily been any one of us there.
    I can't blame the gun at all...

gsdelong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    i was 8 feet behind the guy looking at a rifle on the table behind his table

His wife and a baby in a stroller were behind the table with him.

First I was really pissed and then realized how close to a tragedy I really was.

My wife called the minute she heard it on the news.

I can not take her anymore because about 2 years ago sumb d****ss shot himself in the anke try unload his weapon, right in front of us outside the front door.

No more Grandsons going either

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I was gonna say that tomorrow's show would likely be "extra" safe. That may be true as far as the vendors go but you can never tell who will come in off the street and do something stupid. I still try to keep things in perspective though. Sure, an ND is a dangerous thing, but only a lunatic would come to a place like this and attempt to intentionally shoot someone. I would still feel a lot safer walking around a gun show with 1000 people in a room filled with tons of ordinance than I would walking alone on any part of 38th St.

gsdelong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome

I had just spent an hour at work telling one of my trying to convince a coworker all gun owners are not idiots.

I have to admit I told one of the Cops that the should lock his a$$ up.

I felt bad for the wife, had to be scared to death, her kid could have been killed and she had to sit there at the table with her child while the bandaging up her husband.

I will say the guy was pretty much in shock and admitted immediately when everybody was asking who it was. Although standing there with blood dripping down his arm did not leave him much choice.

I still believe if as a nation we punished the law breakers for existing laws we might be able to stave off all the new proposals.

Top Bottom