• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yes, Channel 6 news crew was there as militarypol21 and I were leaving. The round of applause when they announced that he was permanently removed from the show was refreshing.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    Is anyone really surprised by this?

1.treat every weapon as if it were loaded
    2. never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot
    3. keep the saftey on until you intend to fire
    4. keep you finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

well given those four rules - yeah, i am kinda suprised someone shot himself.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Negligent discharges at gun shows are unfortunately not a rarity...ones that come to mind (and occurred within the past year) include the Indy 1500 (not including today's episode), Tri-State (Evansville) and the one over Bloomington, IL.

They are all inexcusable, but particularly so for a vendor with his own firearm. Glad to hear they banned the guy today. Indy 1500 did that to the vendor last year too.

Heck, I got a little nervous today just standing in line while waiting to get in...some moron kept bending over and fiddling with crap in his bag, and in the process was sweeping me and everyone else with his AR15. He had no idea where his muzzle was pointing

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    Negligent discharges at gun shows are unfortunately not a rarity...ones that come to mind (and occurred within the past year) include the Indy 1500 (not including today's episode), Tri-State (Evansville) and the one over Bloomington, IL.

They are all inexcusable, but particularly so for a vendor with his own firearm. Glad to hear they banned the guy today. Indy 1500 did that to the vendor last year too.

Heck, I got a little nervous today just standing in line while waiting to get in...some moron kept bending over and fiddling with crap in his bag, and in the process was sweeping me and everyone else with his AR15. He had no idea where his muzzle was pointing

i rip people for that. flagging people. what ********

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    How can this happen? I thought there was a strict rule of no loaded guns except for LEO?

I cannot tell you policy as I am no expert, but I worked the Appleseed table at the last one, when I entered, I went to the check table, started to unholster my side arm to have it banded and the two officers at the table told me since I was a vendor, I was allowed to keep it loaded. So I went back outside, put the mag back I'm and worked a round into the chamber. :rockwoot:

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I was talking with the guys at SSNFA about next week's suppressor shoot when it went off, didn't think it was possible to immediately shut up everyone in the exhibition hall but apparently it is.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was talking with the guys at SSNFA about next week's suppressor shoot when it went off, didn't think it was possible to immediately shut up everyone in the exhibition hall but apparently it is.

Well duh! It's just like the movies when the BG shoots one round into the ceiling of the bank/room/etc.. and everyone stops. ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I cannot tell you policy as I am no expert, but I worked the Appleseed table at the last one, when I entered, I went to the check table, started to unholster my side arm to have it banded and the two officers at the table told me since I was a vendor, I was allowed to keep it loaded. So I went back outside, put the mag back I'm and worked a round into the chamber. :rockwoot:

Which is the exact OPPOSITE of the 1500 policy. Vendors aren't supposed to carry AT ALL (even unloaded).

Top Bottom