• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Its just a plain barrel,there is no screw in choke or provisions for it,like I stated earlier I am assuming it is a field barrel?

Field barrels have chokes, whether built in or removable, could possibly be cylinder bore, but I doubt it. Should say somewhere on the barrel what choke it is, unless it is like a million years old.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Field barrels have chokes, whether built in or removable, could possibly be cylinder bore, but I doubt it. Should say somewhere on the barrel what choke it is, unless it is like a million years old.

It must be a million years old.It says PROOF TESTED 12 GAUGE-2&3/4 shells only.The gun is in excellent shape,thats why I bought it.I think it was built in the 50's or 60's.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    It must be a million years old.It says PROOF TESTED 12 GAUGE-2&3/4 shells only.The gun is in excellent shape,thats why I bought it.I think it was built in the 50's or 60's.

:):

Do you have a caliper to check the bore diameter at the end of the barrel?

As long that it is not a laminated barrel, I don't see why you couldn't shoot 2 3/4" slugs out of it.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    I want to buy a shotgun, but I can't decide between a smooth or rifled barrel. I understand that a rifled barrel will help extend slug accuracy.

What does rifling do for buckshot or birdshot?
    What's your favorite kind of barrel?
    Also, would 20 gauge be OK for deer hunting and home defence?

I will be shooting small game and varmits, the occasional clay targets, and paper targets. I don't hunt, but I want the capability to hunt deer if I ever decide to start hunting in the future.

I prefer using a combination barrel. Its good for buck and slug.

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    Personally, I think the smooth barrel is best. They are more adaptable than the rifled barrels. Rifled is pretty much only good for shooting slugs when you are deer hunting. You can get rifled slugs for the smooth barrel. So, why, pay more for a rifled barrel, for only one purpose??

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I agree with all that's been said, the only thing I might add is that the only real answer is you're gonna need more than one shotgun...3, maybe 4 :D

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    Smooth bore with every choke available! Then you can hunt any thing, id advise getting around a 26in barrel so you can deer hunt and still not be overly long for home protection.

Top Bottom