• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Buell7387

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Nob-less-ville
    I have a Mossberg 500 with the breacher barrel. I have installed a Magpul stock and a Magpul forend. I'm looking to put a light on it was well but am unsure as to how to mount it and what type of light to use. Anyone have pics of there's or opinions? Thanks In advance.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I hate to be the guy to say it, but I haven't found any cheaper alternatives that work nearly as well as an integrated for end like the ones from Surefire. I'm in the process of saving up for one to put on my 870 Police right now.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    For the Magpul forend, I think the InForce WML light is a good option. You can install a short piece of Magpul rail per photos below and then the WML light and its tail switch come right in line with your thumb. It takes a little bit of work to get used to it, but I like this option pretty well. You can see a good review of the Inforce light on the MOE forend here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs49YiGj1qQ

I have the Magpul forend off the gun right now (870 Tactical build) because I'm trying out the Surefire integrated light. It works "OK", but I really don't like the feel so far. For me, the area under your palm is too short for me to get a good grip on the forend (between the yellow lines).

Inforce%20WMLx%20Mounted%201_zpslwbafq8g.jpg

Inforce%20WMLx%20Mounted%202_zps2wyoh9ro.jpg

Magpul%20Forend%20Rail%201_zpsyt76kxtl.jpg

Surefire%20Shotgun%20Forend%202_zpsjy9cym9e.jpg

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    For the Magpul forend, I think the InForce WML light is a good option. You can install a short piece of Magpul rail per photos below and then the WML light and its tail switch come right in line with your thumb. It takes a little bit of work to get used to it, but I like this option pretty well. You can see a good review of the Inforce light on the MOE forend here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs49YiGj1qQ

I have the Magpul forend off the gun right now (870 Tactical build) because I'm trying out the Surefire integrated light. It works "OK", but I really don't like the feel so far. For me, the area under your palm is too short for me to get a good grip on the forend (between the yellow lines).

Inforce%20WMLx%20Mounted%201_zpslwbafq8g.jpg

Inforce%20WMLx%20Mounted%202_zps2wyoh9ro.jpg

Magpul%20Forend%20Rail%201_zpsyt76kxtl.jpg

Surefire%20Shotgun%20Forend%202_zpsjy9cym9e.jpg

:+1: This is my exact setup on both my 870's.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I am really fond of the Elzetta ZSM shotgun mount.

It seems many people don't know about this, but I really prefer it. I am not fond of mounting the light directly to the forend. If my hand slips any while pumping, you could bump your light off by accident. At least, that is what was happening to me. But I do admit that others use the forend mount method successfully. YMMV.

With this mount, I was able to put my light just a tad bit further out. I can still easily reach it with my thumb on the forend, but the light is not in the way during pumping. It works better for me.

Here are some links...

Website...

ZSM

Amazon reviews. Not many other reviews out there that I can find.

http://www.amazon.com/Elzetta-ZSM-T...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I like yamadogs suggestions. The best. Seems pretty affordable and user friendly.

Inforce WML is a good light, it's hard to go wrong with it and you can quickly and easily move it around. Consider the brightness you want. Personally I find 200 lumens to be more than enough inside and you reduce the risk of blinding yourself should you light up a light colored wall in your house by accident / need.

I'd only consider 300 lumens (or above) if you also anticipate needing it outside at longer ranges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom