• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    So I have a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870 and got the itch to do a little something to both. I started out with the 500 in pistol grip and its been like that ever since then added a side saddle and an ATI pistol grip forend.

IMG_1398.jpg

The 500 looked cool but the forend isnt designed for the 500 action tube its a universal kit with adapters you have to cut and install which end result is kinda wobbly and I got used to it but still I wasnt happy with it.

So after adding a Hogue pistol grip to my AR then my SIG P226 figured might as well make it 3 in a row right? So I purchased the tamer pistol grip and matching forend and yeah well I like it more now and the grips feel so right.

IMG_2540.jpg

Ok so onto the 870. When I first got this a few weeks ago I knew I had to get the Magpul stock and forend so here it is

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

Im a relatively small guy so I was after a shorter length of pull and wow without the spacers in the stock I believe it has a 12.5" LOP and fits me like a glove now. It can be adjusted from 12.5-14.5.

Enjoy the pics and I highly recommend these products

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    how's that pistol grip treating you? I was messing around with a friend's on my 500 a few years back and it only took like 3 rounds of 00 buck before I was done for good with them.

I really like the Magpul hardware on the 870! Looks nice and I bet it feels great.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    how's that pistol grip treating you? I was messing around with a friend's on my 500 a few years back and it only took like 3 rounds of 00 buck before I was done for good with them.

Agreed. In my experience, even shooting target load through my Mossy 500 with a pistol grip is brutal. Never again unless I'm messing around and showing someone what it's like. It was fun to try for about one shot, but I'd never put the pistol grip on for home defense.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend

I really like the Magpul hardware on the 870! Looks nice and I bet it feels great.

Ive never had an issue with it. To each his own better way to put it. Some like it some dont. Ill agree that after several rounds its brutal on your wrist but that was with the old plastic factory grip. This one is alot more comfortable

Top Bottom