• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Bloomberg just said, more people could have been hurt if it weren't for the act of heroism from the police officers who shot and killed the suspect.

So let me get this straight, if it weren't for an individual with a gun, in this case police officers, there could have been more casualties? DUH!! If people were allowed to carry there he probably would have been dropped before he got away!

Also, Bloomberg also stated that the wounded innocents may have been shot by police during the exchange with the perp. Can you say lawsuit? Doesn't look like police "special training" mskes them any more qualified to carry than anyone else. I am not saying I am a great shot, but do you just randomly shoot with civilians in the way?

The guy killed his co-worker, then was on flee from the scene, with his gun put away. As the police approach him, he pulls out his gun, and a gun battle ensues. I am not going to act like I could have done any better, but there had to be a better way to approach him, by surprise maybe, to prevent anyone else from being shot.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Bloomberg just said, more people could have been hurt if it weren't for the act of heroism from the police officers who shot and killed the suspect.

So let me get this straight, if it weren't for an individual with a gun, in this case police officers, there could have been more casualties? DUH!! If people were allowed to carry there he probably would have been dropped before he got away!

Also, Bloomberg also stated that the wounded innocents may have been shot by police during the exchange with the perp. Can you say lawsuit? Doesn't look like police "special training" mskes them any more qualified to carry than anyone else. I am not saying I am a great shot, but do you just randomly shoot with civilians in the way?

The guy killed his co-worker, then was on flee from the scene, with his gun put away. As the police approach him, he pulls out his gun, and a gun battle ensues. I am not going to act like I could have done any better, but there had to be a better way to approach him, by surprise maybe, to prevent anyone else from being shot.

So what you're saying is that the shooting victims at the scene could have possibly not been shot by the bad guy but gotten shot by the cops?

Just trying to understand, haven't scene or heard any of the coverage.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So what you're saying is that the shooting victims at the scene could have possibly not been shot by the bad guy but gotten shot by the cops?

Just trying to understand, haven't scene or heard any of the coverage.

That's exactly what they're saying.
    The talking heads are also vomiting,
    Remember boys and girls, if you see something, SAY SOMETHING!

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    So from what I gather, the shooter killed his intended victim at close range with a couple shots in what seems to be a workplace/revenge type deal. Then walked off until someone following him got some cops attention standing guard at a building nearby.

According to Bloomberg's press conference the perp then pulled out a .45, pointed it at the cops and the cops dropped him. Bloomberg specifically said 3 separate times that they don't think he even got a shot off at the cops, but could clearly be seen aiming at them.

10 people hurt or dead including the perp. Sooo. 8 innocent people shot by cops stray bullets/ricochets? Excellent target acquisition training.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    They just admitted the POLICE shot more civilians than the gunman.

Bloomberg is a moron

If that's the case, then we should ban police. For the children.
    Seriously, it's funny how Bloomberg is adamant that police should have guns because they are trained.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Another thing about this story is the coverage!! Fox especially! Until you know what happened, only state facts, not your opinion!! I heard Fox say it all today...

It was a robbery
    The guy got fired today and came back
    The guy got fired yesterday and came back
    The guy was a security guard at the Empire State Building

The list goes on and on and on. Shut your mouth and state the facts!!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    They had been reporting 2 dead for a while in the beginning, then said it was unconfirmed. Bloomberg said 1 dead and others will be just fine. I will be very suspicious if a 2nd ends up dead. Imagine the nightmare a civilian shot and killed in the crossfire by police!

Top Bottom