Sharing your advice with firearms manufacturers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    As gun owners, I'm sure you have found yourself with ideas or suggestions you wish you could give to the manufacturers of your firearms in order to make a better, user-friendly, or more effective product. What advice would you give to the companies regarding their products?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about advice as to certain companies?

Colt: Move out of CT and bring back the Diamondback and the Stagecoach. You have a huge gap in your SKUs, fill it.

Ruger: I'll let you keep all the crappy polymer guns filled with MIM but bring back the Service Six.

Smith & Wesson: Remove the silly lock and de-MIMize yourself.

Sig Sauer: Give Ron Cohen a silver parachute, or make him CEO of Charter Arms so no one gets hurt.

Glock: Remember when I told you in '91 to make a single stack in .45, well the XD and M&P are out, so . . . just forget it now.

Les Baer: remove the overtravel screw out of your pistols.

Someone, anyone: Bring back the Medusa from P&R. Heck, sell me the rights and I'll work on raising capital for building here in Lafayette. Freeman Arms.:D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How about advice as to certain companies?

Colt: Move out of CT and bring back the Diamondback and the Stagecoach. You have a huge gap in your SKUs, fill it.

Ruger: I'll let you keep all the crappy polymer guns filled with MIM but bring back the Service Six.

Smith & Wesson: Remove the silly lock and de-MIMize yourself.

Sig Sauer: Give Ron Cohen a silver parachute, or make him CEO of Charter Arms so no one gets hurt.

Glock: Remember when I told you in '91 to make a single stack in .45, well the XD and M&P are out, so . . . just forget it now.

Les Baer: remove the overtravel screw out of your pistols.

Someone, anyone: Bring back the Medusa from P&R. Heck, sell me the rights and I'll work on raising capital for building here in Lafayette. Freeman Arms.:D
    I like the sound of this. :yesway:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Remington-Buy back your soul.

Kel-Tec-Stop promoting and start producing.

HK-Stop hating us. Produce some metal framed handguns.

CZ-Get more in the country more often. Open up some US production.

Any manufacturer in NY, CA, IL-Leave and come to IN.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    To the other great ideas, how about: If you can barely afford to produce it, how are we who work for a living supposed to afford it? Keep the prices reasonable for the average American and not the "Wall Street One Percent". ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock: Identify the problem and fix it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0[/ame]

Glock: Once the problem is fixed, begin to innovate. Its no longer a Model T world in the gun industry.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Could someone PLEASE make a 1911 that is reliable out of the box that doesnt cost 3k dollars so James Yeager will finally STFU!!!!

JK. My Kimber has been very reliable with almost 1k rnds through it, and I have a Colt XSE in layaway right now That Im sure will be just fine.

For some real advice to some real makers.

Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Your pistols cost a small fortune. Please introduce an entry level priced piece for those of us with a budget that does not match our tastes.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If the rifle doesn't come with iron sights, and they expect you to put a scope on it, why is the comb so frikkin low? It's like no one has designed a new stock since 1953. Or do they just expect everyone to go out an spend another $200-$300 on a stock? C'mon people, my eye should be at the same level as a mounted scope while having a good cheek weld.

Maybe my face is just really small... no, I don't think that's it at all. :)

And in response to Indy_Guy_77 I want Kel-Tec to make a SU-30 Carbine that takes GI mags.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Glock: Scrap the Gen 4. Too many problems... If anything, make a 3.5 Gen. Keep the interchangeable backstrap, but lose the new recoil spring setup.

Top Bottom