• texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Heads up, Server, the new one, has to be taken down tonight at 7pm for testing. For whatever reason, it is rebooting itself, causing a database crash here and there, not great. So to properly test it they will pull it down and hopefully see and fix what is causing the issue.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Good luck. Have you tried restoring a recent snapshot of the VM to other physical hardware? I assume you're hosted on either AWS or Azure; it's only a few clicks. :) (I assume it's only a few clicks on GCP as well, but I'm not quite as familiar w/ the admin on that plaform.)

Both for work and for personal use, I rarely bother actually trying to troubleshoot issues anymore. It's usually easier to restore from a snapshot or if that fails to just build a new VM w/ the same specs & import my data than it is to find the root of the problem.

(Actually we're going away from VMs pretty quickly at my work, instead using PaaS or even better SaaS where possible. It looks like XenForo does have this option available as well, though the price may be off-putting, depending on INGO's needs.)

Top Bottom