• ...and so much more!
  • Serrated blade or regular on Kershaw Vapor II

• Total voters

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I voted serrated...I know the benefits of a good sharp knife, but there's a reason axes are replaced by chain saws. You get the best of both with a partially serrated knife. You can get that super fine edge to slice just about anything and then saw through what ever you cant slice with the serrations.

My main use for the serration is cutting small limbs and saplings. Even with a really shard knife it takes a bit of force to push it through, where as a serrated takes a few strokes and its through.

Also works provides a nice place to strip wire. I can do it with either, but the serration just seems to be a bit easier.

And just for giggles I think it looks better...

RandyN2075

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    South of Greenwood
    I've had issues with a semi serrated blade field dressing a deer. Perhaps it was the knife or perhaps it was me but I've used a regular blade for field dressing ever since. However, I do think serrated has its place, especially in a survival situation. My preference is a fixed blade or lockblade as I've had standard pocket knives fold up on me more than once...

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    For field dressing a deer I would definitely go with a regular fixed blade. No need for serrations, unless your cutting bone, but that's a completely different type of serration (if you consider a hack saw serrated). I personally use a case leather hunter? (think that's what they are calling it)

Top Bottom