Indiana/Michigan line
    Would this hold rounds in both the tube and mag? :thatshot:

d3nh0.jpg

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I got mine from 21st Century last year. I think I paid about $650. The recoil is pretty bad, after few shots you wouldn't want to shoot it for a while, at least thats how I felt. I own the Mossberg one, not the Remy 870 which is lighter because of aluminum receiver verses steel on the Remy. The recoil might be a bit less on the Remy because of more wight.

My Super Shorty does not get shot often and mostly sits in the safe. However, everybody who gets to see it wants to shoot it and it is definitely a BIG crowd pleaser. The cool factor is there for sure.

This is like the super rare car you have, it is all nice and cool, but you don't drive it. It is mostly for show.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    One can learn where the AOW shoots from the "hip" (more a lower than eye-level hold) with enough practice (a dozen plus years ago a couple of us would each shoot a case of trap loads and a box or two of buck each outings, but that friend is now a "Tactical Collector" and the other friends are into subguns, long range rifles and belt guns ....). The recoil was not too bad until you go to 3" number 1 buck in an AOW.

On a good day would shoot tin cans at 25 yards and on a off day could easily miss same targets ;-).

Myself if this was not Indiana would go with a short SBS with a folding stock, but being Indiana get by with AOWs, SBR, Machine guns and cannon with out HE.

----
    Note a "Tactical Collector" is one that collects firearms (in particular NFA), has many mags, belts and large amount of ammo, test fires and sights in each firearm but does not really ever take them out to shoot again ... lot like the armory on a navel ship except for more limited qualification.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Just go talk to Joe at ACME in Seymour, IN. He had one on the shelf when I was down there this last Saturday. He doesn't have that one anymore, I started the paper work on it. But he has them or can always order them. I think the price he has listed was $749 for the 870 version. I seen them listed online for less but I figured by the time you paid for a class 3 dealer to dealer transfer it wasn't worth a couple bucks one way or another.

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    Can someone please school me on how a person to person purchase is done, in regards to a AOW such as the Serbu. Does the original owner have to go through a class 3 dealer or can it be handled without that? I tried looking in the FAQ section but could find anything about private sales.

Thanks

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    3 ways:

1) you go to a NFA dealer, buy the Surbu super shorty, fill out NFA paperwork, get paperwork approved, pick up SSS.

2) buy from an individual. Pay individual, sent NFA paperwork, get approved paperwork (goes to current owne), then pick up SSS.

3) build your own super shorty. File NFA paperwork, get approved paperwork back from NFA, assemble super shorty from an existing *never had a stock installed* shotgun.

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    So if purchased from an individual you still have the wait time to obtain the firearm? Thanks for the short version of how this works.

3 ways:

1) you go to a NFA dealer, buy the Surbu super shorty, fill out NFA paperwork, get paperwork approved, pick up SSS.

2) buy from an individual. Pay individual, sent NFA paperwork, get approved paperwork (goes to current owne), then pick up SSS.

3) build your own super shorty. File NFA paperwork, get approved paperwork back from NFA, assemble super shorty from an existing *never had a stock installed* shotgun.

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

Clay got it, but one important little piece, you both have to live in the same state. If you live in different states, you have to go through a class III dealer in the buyers state.

Top Bottom