• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Whats the best place/way to sell pistol brass to reloaders? What would be the minimum number or cases one should have before trying to sell them? Will soon have some 327 magnum, 38 s&w long, and 380 acp brass. Are these popular with folks? Thanks:dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, since you can't sell here until you get 50 quality posts, you might try Craigslist or Gunbroker. I don't know about other folks, but unless it's a screaming deal I won't drive out of my way for less than 1000 cases of the same caliber.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was actually in that business. The problem with lower quantities of brass is that the shipping ends up being more than the product, so that eliminates your mail order customers.

Common brass like mixed 9mm and mixed .40 usually sell at least 1000 at a time. Revolver brass or rifle brass can usually be sold in 500 piece bags because they are worth more. Less common brass, like .300 Win or 7mm Rem Mag can be sold smaller lots.

Two years ago I was selling 9mm for $25/1000, .40 FOR $30, .38 OR .45 FOR $50, etc.
    Today's prices seem to be twice or thrice that amount.

Good Luck

BAZOOKa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Plymouth
    Depending on where you are, I know Profire down in Indy will buy just about whatever you have as far as reloading related "stuff", brass included. Might be worth a call ahead before you go to make sure it is worth your trip for what you have.

THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    If you were able to PM me, or when you are...ask me about my buddy that reloads brass, and I will ask him and give you a price :yesway:

averycustom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I usually only buy in 1K quantities. As has been previously mentioned Gunbroker is a good place to try.

Regards,

Mark

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Don't have enought yet to sell but will prob have 50 posts by the time I do. Would rather sell to board members at a good price. Thanks

Top Bottom