• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm planning on selling my first rifle. I searched and can't find this topic yet. Where should I meet? In public? A semi public olace? I need suggestions thanks.

Meet in a public place like a large parking lot in an out of the way part that you still feel safe in.

ALSO, for a private sale you need to establish as a minimum:

1. That the buyer isn't PROHIBITED from owning a firearm?
    (simply ask them and use your judgement as to the truthfulness of their answer)

2. That the buyer is an Indiana RESIDENT?
    (ask them to show you their Indiana Driver's License for example, there's no need to record it)

When you're satisfied to the level of a reasonable person, then exchange the gun and the cash.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Man! I guess I should of worded the title a little different. And my first gun/rifle is my dads
    remington 581(? I think) bolt action 22lr and no it will never be sold.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    An Indiana ID? Yes. A LTCH? Overkill. Not needed and does nothing for you. A bill of sale is a no-brainer; make 2 copies. Go somewhere very public; the more people coming and going the better.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Nevermind, the guy backed out on me! Atleast he gave me
    plenty of warning. So if I get a few more quality post I can post it in these classifieds and hopefully deal with a fellow ingoer!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I would recommend you do the transfer through a FFL. You don't have to, but it makes a record of the transfer so if it is used in a crime they will see you transferred it to the other person. It's mostly for peace of mind.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm more concerned with drawing attention I have other guys that will be with me

Personally if I were the guy doing the deal with you this would be a big red flag for me. Meeting with someone I don't know, one on one, is one thing. Meeting with someone who shows up with some of their boys is another thing entirely.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Are you guys all nuts? Haven't you seen the video? These deals are required to take place under the moonlight and/or in some remote location far from anybody.

[video=youtube;OHEL2C6oCg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEL2C6oCg8[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Personally if I were the guy doing the deal with you this would be a big red flag for me. Meeting with someone I don't know, one on one, is one thing. Meeting with someone who shows up with some of their boys is another thing entirely.

If you insist on bringing friends, they should arrive in a separate vehicle a few minutes before hand and park nearby, maybe a row or two over where they can keep an eye on you. No need for them to get involved unless something goes seriously south.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Well it was just going to be my brother and he was coming with me anyways for a different reason. But that's passed since the guy bailed on me.

Top Bottom