• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Whats a shame is that they reveal this technology. It just pushes the rest of the world to try and build it when they see that its possible.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yes, on the way meaning . . . on the way.

Curving bullets? Heck, remember Richochet Rabbit?:D

You mean this guy?

thumbnail.aspx

Or that Episode of Dexter in Season 6?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It is just a new aplication of exosting technology. If they can work out the kinks now in this state, imagine when satelites are "painting" targets, or electronics in every building. Big Brother with a sniper rifle.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Self-Guided Bullet Strikes Target a Mile Away [VIDEO] - Yahoo! News

They mention 'small caliber' and 'recreational shooters'....I don't really get the application. If you have someone close enough to 'paint' a small target, why bother taking the shot from a mile away?

Maybe so that if the person doing the "painting" is caught, s/he will not be caught with a weapon or evidence of having had one?

The actual shooter being farther away will have a better chance of getting away without being caught if s/he is a mile away... S/he might actually be beginning to pack up the rifle before the bullet even hits.

I'm just guessing, though. I have no basis for this reply.

Blessings,
    Bill

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Maybe so that if the person doing the "painting" is caught, s/he will not be caught with a weapon or evidence of having had one?

The actual shooter being farther away will have a better chance of getting away without being caught if s/he is a mile away... S/he might actually be beginning to pack up the rifle before the bullet even hits.

Blessings,
    Bill
    IIRC, a .50BMG takes ~4s to reach its target at 1000y. 1 mile is 1760y. So it will take the bullet ~7s to reach its target.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

Blessings,
    Bill

I see bad things coming from this. All that means is laser pointers are the next thing to be outlawed, because they could be used for this.

Top Bottom