• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    +1 for Patriot! You have to better yourself and change your viable skills set. Don't be a leach on society. DOC is the way to go. It'll give you a good grasp of the law and how offenses work together and can aggregate. If handling prisoners, drunks and psychos isn't your deal, you'll know in the first throw down. Also, if LEO is really for you, get a copy of the IN penal/criminal code. It should be like your Bible, and it'll put you out ahead during academy.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I read the responses and even surprising me, I got offended.

Then I about smacked myself because I realized, as harsh as those comments came out to be to me, are all true.

As I'm getting paid tomorrow, I'm getting into the fitness centers, I'm going to start running instead of playing Rock Band (yeah yeah), and I'll start looking for a copy of the penal code.

PatriotPride, I would love to get those books from you, and I'm going to start hunting down the colleges about what happened.

I am very serious about getting into this field, just realized that I'm doing absolutely nothing except complaining about it not working while sitting on my couch with a plastic guitar.

In time, :+1: to everyone who gave their two cents and made me realize what I was doing. That's a lot more appreciated than you guys may realize.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Then I about smacked myself because I realized, as harsh as those comments came out to be to me, are all true.

As I'm getting paid tomorrow, I'm getting into the fitness centers, I'm going to start running instead of playing Rock Band (yeah yeah), and I'll start looking for a copy of the penal code.

PatriotPride, I would love to get those books from you, and I'm going to start hunting down the colleges about what happened.

I am very serious about getting into this field, just realized that I'm doing absolutely nothing except complaining about it not working while sitting on my couch with a plastic guitar.

In time, :+1: to everyone who gave their two cents and made me realize what I was doing. That's a lot more appreciated than you guys may realize.

The truth can be a rough thing to handle. I'm glad to hear you're working on it now. PM me your address if you don't mind and I'll track down what books I have and send them your way. :ingo:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya

good for you man.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The thing about that is, either I go into the academy with no experience, and a shotty chance at getting hired after, or I start new at the security job and taking a cut from my $10.50/hr, which is barely making my bills as it is.

Security guard work won't impress the cops. Working at the prison will help much more. An hours' drive isn't all that much, especially if it works you toward your long term goal.

Top Bottom