• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Some of you have obviously put some thought into this particular scenario....

It would depend, I think, on whether the cats had the element of surprise. Forewarned, I could easily defend myself from up to a dozen cats, maybe more. Caught by surprise, I could possibly be overwhelmed by half that number, or less.

The key to surviving the "chance encounter", is remembering that while cats possess superior speed and agility, they are easily frightened by loud noises, and distracted by things that flutter. Thus, when travelling in areas where a cat ambush is likely, keeping a pocket full of "snap pops" or a length of string with a feather on the end, can likely save your life.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    61756.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    True story...it only took one to take out my friend....wife put him in the doghouse for a long time....guess you had to be there...but here goes...

My friends wifes cat was getting on his nerves....so one morning going out the door for work he grabbed the cat an 14 miles away at work he turned it loose. He told me that when he got home he told the wife he found the cat dead on the road an took it to work an buried it by a woods.......6 months later......I walked down to see my friend, and sitting in the widow was the CAT!!! Man it looked really bad, like it had gone through a meat grinder...I walked in an asked "Isn't that the cat?" My friend sat in silence an just nodded his head, then his wife walked in, an I said to her..."Hey, isn't that your CAT???!!! Mark told me it got hit on the road an died."...she said...YA! THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME TOO!!!!!" she walked back out an my friend, like a punished little kid said to me..."Thanks alot Dave, I'm really in the doghouse for this one." I was cracking up.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Kitten Cannon is one of the best games ever!

It's hard to say how many cats I could fend off. But if my cat is on my side, then I shouldn't have to fight any. He's laid the smack down upon many many many other cats. A sort of "Super House Cat" if you will. I've seen his victims huddle in groups in the alley ways. If he's against me, then well, I think I'm a goner. His reach isn't much less than mine but he's alot faster and those freaking claws. I get reminded of his abilities somewhat regularly when I'm laying in bed or sitting and suddenly feel needles stabbed into my side. Because of him, I DO KNOW how I react when awoken to being stabbed in my back. It's not very peaceful. Himalayan Siamese are some mean mofos when they aren't happy, or when they're bored.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Google Squirrel-a-pult video for a good laugh, as long as we're talking about kitten cannons and cat-a-pults.

How many cats would be needed to take me out...hhhhhmmm...I guess it depends on a lot of stuff, but assuming I'm cornered and they're very ill-tempered kitties, 30.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    True story.....only one. Last year I picked up the newly rebuilt rear end for my 68 Dodge off the tailgate of my truck, wanting to move it to the bench. Tripped over my friend's cat and fell backwards, landed on my back, the rear axle landing on my chest. I don't recover from stuff like this as easily as I did when I was younger.:)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Our new kitten is freakishly sneaky. I'll be sitting on the couch when Poof the cat is sitting next to my head. I think that is its way of saying "if you give into my demands, I won't slit your throat while you sleep.

I'm getting kinda scared of her. Last night she "appeared" (mental note: she's using ninja magic) on the armrest of the couch, looked up at me and said "I can be anywhere at any time." Then she started to purr and walked away.

Kiki.jpg

My kitten is the same way. I'll be sitting there watching TV. Then, next thing she's by my head. Like where the hell did you come from. That's even with a bell on her collar. She is a Ninja master.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Oh, and their teeth are like razer's. My parents youngest dog will bite when we play. It's not to bad. When my kitten bites WOW. I would much rather be bitten full force by the dog.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd say at least 10 or more. I always wear steel toe boots, have you seen how far one will fly when you kick it hard enough? :D

Let alone my 1911 on my hip and plenty of ammo. Of course I'd only be using it as they approach. After that its either a knife, my feet, or bare hands. lol.

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    Well, I am not really sure about this one... but it's nice to have dogs around. I am not much of a cat person - I would rather have dogs.

Top Bottom