• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have been eye'n AZ with much pleasure. I agree with Bill, but I wouldn't mind 74* Sunny winters...

Corpus Christi wouldn't be bad either.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Flagstaff even stays cool in the summer. The problem I have noticed when looking at land in AZ is that you've got to drill a 147 mile deep well to get any water.....That gets expensive.

Yeah, nobody lived there until air conditioning came along. I've talked to folks who live there. If they go outside during the day in summer, it's before 7AM.

What we need to do is hit the lottery and then go where the weather is the best at the moment.

I gotta dig out and get to the Speedway.....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been thinking about moving to just south of Hilo Hawaii. You think Mother Nature is trying to help me decide???

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I'm not even old yet, but more and more I like the idea of heading north for summer and south for winter.....
    Now if I could just hit rich I could retire young....

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Why buy any land? Just buy a camper and go north of Yuma. There are thousands of acres up there to park on. If I could talk the old lady into it we would already be out there making money. Was in the 80's when I was out there a few weeks ago.:rockwoot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have been eye'n AZ with much pleasure. I agree with Bill, but I wouldn't mind 74* Sunny winters...

Corpus Christi wouldn't be bad either.

Depends on where in AZ. Phoenix runs as low as the 40s and it rains a lot in the winter. (A lot is relative though. :D)

And it's ****ing HOT there in the summer. I think Satan vacations there when he wants warmer climes too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Go ahead and move and be a quitter. :)

One semi-tough winter and ready to fold up the tent and move. What would our forefathers think. They cross the prairies, fought locusts, fought Indians, fought Dix. Remember when Richard Dix tries to take over this town?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Go ahead and move and be a quitter. :)

One semi-tough winter and ready to fold up the tent and move. What would our forefathers think. They cross the prairies, fought locusts, fought Indians, fought Dix. Remember when Richard Dix tries to take over this town?

You have watched that movie way too many times.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I spent a week in AZ just after the new year holiday. Went there for a sales meeting, but got to spend the better part of two days touring the Superstition Mountain/Apache Trail area, just east of Phoenix. Ate lunch in Tortilla Flat, AZ (Tortilla Flat Arizona - Apache Trail & Superstition Mountain) whose population is 6. Yes, I said six people! They served a wonderful prickly pear ice cream and the guy running the ice cream shop was from Madison County!

It was in the mid 60s and sunny during the daytime and the terrain was beautiful. Had the opportunity to take a two hour Jeep tour in the Tonto National Forest, which left a great impression on me. I can't wait to go back.

If you ever have free time out there, head to http://www.apachetrailtours.com/ -- you will not regret it! They do standard tours, as well as custom tours, if you have the time and $$$. Good people.

I took hundreds of pictures, here are a few from the day we went off-road:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    It's Texas for me, I just wish they had open carry. Even "printing" is a crime there. As far as heat goes, whoever said "but it's a dry heat" was a friggen idiot....AZ in the summer is like sitting in a pizza oven.
    I spent a week in AZ just after the new year holiday. Went there for a sales meeting, but got to spend the better part of two days touring the Superstition Mountain/Apache Trail area, just east of Phoenix. Ate lunch in Tortilla Flat, AZ (Tortilla Flat Arizona - Apache Trail & Superstition Mountain) whose population is 6. Yes, I said six people! They served a wonderful prickly pear ice cream and the guy running the ice cream shop was from Madison County!

It was in the mid 60s and sunny during the daytime and the terrain was beautiful. Had the opportunity to take a two hour Jeep tour in the Tonto National Forest, which left a great impression on me. I can't wait to go back.

If you ever have free time out there, head to Jeep Tours Arizona | Adventure Tour Family Vacation Idea AZ | Apache Trail Desert Tours -- you will not regret it! They do standard tours, as well as custom tours, if you have the time and $$$. Good people.

I took hundreds of pictures, here are a few from the day we went off-road:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    Nice pics:) I have a lot of good pics from AZ (and everywhere else in the lower 48) but for some reason they never accurately portray the true beauty. Even when ppl see the pics as amazing they just still don't quite get it......maybe it's the sheer "size" of actually being there, idk.....

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Why buy any land? Just buy a camper and go north of Yuma. There are thousands of acres up there to park on. If I could talk the old lady into it we would already be out there making money. Was in the 80's when I was out there a few weeks ago.:rockwoot:

It's hard to bolt down a gunsafe in a camper.

Top Bottom