• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Ive heard bad stuff bout EAA witnesses in 10mm, slides cracking on softer target loads. Google it before opting for one of those.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Love my 10mm and ammo can be had for not much more than 45

Best place I found was top guns in terre haute had it for $24.99. Bought 400 rounds last time I was there

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    My 10mm is a Smith & Wesson 1006 which is a full size steel frame gun which does a good job of soaking up the recoil which can be snappy in a lighter weight gun. You can get a factory load from corbon which pushes I believe a 165 gr. jhp at like 1200-1250. Downside is ammo availability but this past week Cabelas had quite a bit of 10mm and no 9mm. Oddball calibers are sometimes a plus when there is ammo shortages like we have now I have had pretty good luck finding 41 mag,10mm and 25-06 when stuff that is usually everywhere like 9mm and .223 which are sold out. If you run a 1911 I would make sure it's has a good recoil spring/ guide rod and would put a Wilson shok buff in it because it beats ur gun up a little more than a .45 ACP does.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Not a "k" model, but tame with even hot loads, and scary accurate...

mp5-10.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Witness in 10mm and it's been perfectly reliable. My only issues with it is that as bought, it tossed cases into the next county when shooting. With 10mm, I want to keep all of my brass and that gun made it difficult to do that. I trimmed the ejector a bit and added a heavier spring and it now ejects brass about the same as my Glocks in 10mm do. As delivered, it had a light spring and long ejector which was ejecting the brass while the slide was still moving at a higher speed.

Of all of my 10mm pistols, it's not my favorite. It's been perfectly reliable, even if it was a bit over enthusiastic about ejecting brass, but it just does not feel that good to me. I love CZ 75s but the Witness in 10mm feels different then they do. I think it's the slightly larger frame that Witness uses along with the plastic grips.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I won a Glock of my choice at a GSSF match not long ago. I wanted something different and went with the 20SF. It is my favorite pistol to shoot and I have even gotten others hooked and they have setup their guns like mine.

Ammo isnt that easy to get and can cost more. However this is a gun I do not shoot that much. Once I get to reloading I plan to run it more. It can be a mild to wild round loaded right.

I went with a 22lb recoil spring and metal guide rod for some 200 and 230gr hard cast lead rounds for when I was in the smokies.

I also added a Lonewolf 40SW barrel for cheaper range time.

Shooting 40S&W ammo With the 22lb spring/guide rod works great, some ammo doesnt eject that well, but most stuff works fine. The best part about this is the recoil. It doesnt have much felt recoil and is very accurate with the LW barrel.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I would really like to get a carbine to go with my 10mm pistols. The thing is I have yet to see one that doesn't look like a knock off .22 AR. I would love to see one come out in a sub 2000 platform or a marlin camp carbine in 10mm.

Top Bottom