• ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    South Central Gun Club Match. April 7th
    6 stages 155 rds. Classifier Can You Count.
    Setup Saturday at 10am and final target set at 8am Sunday.
    Sign in starts at 9am and we will have a short shooters meeting at 9:55.
    $20 non members $10 members and RO's $5
    Weather looks good so that DAM STAR and a few other tricks will be in order.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I will be there and bringing my favorite daughter with me. (not Adam)

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I am planning on coming. I have an SR9c, 1 10 & 1 17 round mag, and an open top pancake. Will this be enough to shoot?

Some problems:
    -Some stages may require 32 rounds minimum.
    -You need to be able to re-holster safely, does your holster collapse when the gun is removed?
    -Do you have a way to carry that 1 extra mag? Maybe someone can offer up an extra for you?

Good news:
    You can still shoot if you don't care about your score. Even if you have to carry that mag in a pocket. You may have to leave some targets unengaged if you run out of ammo which will kill your score. But the main thing is safety, so I would make sure the holster will work.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I can reholster ok. Guess it may be time to get the extra mag I want. I don't care about score. I want to enjoy the experience, and live to tell about it.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I can reholster ok. Guess it may be time to get the extra mag I want. I don't care about score. I want to enjoy the experience, and live to tell about it.

If that is the case, then I saw go for it. Just understand your limitations and explain to your range office your situation.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis

Circle "Limited" and "minor" on your registration sheet. Load your mags up and reload when you go to slide-lock. You should have plenty, except on the Texas Star stage...but just shoot each plate once and move on. You can waste a lot of ammo on those things, shoot at it, move on... you have other targets in the stage to shoot.

Edit: reload from your back pocket= OK
    Reload from front pocket = moved to open division = Bad
    ***Be aware of muzzle direction as you turn your body to reach for the mag in your back pocket. If you break the 180, you will be asked to go home.***

Also, when you register, tell them you are new. Somebody needs to explain the basic rules before you shoot your first stage. SCGC doesn't normally do a new shooter orientation.

Don't show up and walk around with your gun loaded before the match.... USPSA events are conducted on a cold range.. leave that thing unloaded in a bag until your at the safe table.

Ask questions, be safe, and have fun.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    SCGC doesn't normally do a new shooter orientation.

True and good point.

Just let the folks know when you sign up that you are a new shooter.

The great thing about USPSA folks is that we all guide new shooters along while they learn, because that's how we all learned.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Circle "Limited" and "minor" on your registration sheet. Load your mags up and reload when you go to slide-lock. You should have plenty, except on the Texas Star stage...but just shoot each plate once and move on. You can waste a lot of ammo on those things, shoot at it, move on... you have other targets in the stage to shoot.

Edit: reload from your back pocket= OK
    Reload from front pocket = moved to open division = Bad I believe that only applies to production and Single Stack
    ***Be aware of muzzle direction as you turn your body to reach for the mag in your back pocket. If you break the 180, you will be asked to go home.***

Also, when you register, tell them you are new. Somebody needs to explain the basic rules before you shoot your first stage. SCGC doesn't normally do a new shooter orientation.

Don't show up and walk around with your gun loaded before the match.... USPSA events are conducted on a cold range.. leave that thing unloaded in a bag until your at the safe table.

Ask questions, be safe, and have fun.

There will be someone that will show you the ropes just let them know you are new. There is always several opinions at our matches. just like buttholes:D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have 196 pieces of once fire .357 sig brass for sale. Anyone coming to this match interested?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Stages are set, lots of option!! Everyone do the No Rain dance tonight and maybe we will get through with out bags.

Like momma I don't dance. I will be ready to rock and roll rain or shine.

Top Bottom