• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    People who know us will knock at a certain door, People we don't know, knock at the other. we know right off the bat if the knock is from a known person.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We had an incident on the farm while growing up (I had 3 brothers). Three (3) 'city' kids where being chased by a few 'BG's in their 'hip hop' car, who followed them out of the city when they were trying to lose them. The 3 kids, 16 & 2 x 15, were scared to death when they turned into our driveway (big light in the barnyard) 10 miles outside of FW. They parked in the short driveway to the house garage and ran to our door. They were crying and scared and shaking all over so it took 2-3 minutes to get the just of their story straight. We went and looked out the front window and sure enough, there was the car, sitting 1/2 way up dad's 1/10 mile driveway. I'm not sure what scared them the most, having the 'BG's follow them or to see 4 of us grabbing shotguns and rifles and loading up (this was a dad's...where everything was kept 'unloaded' per his say so). We went outside and showed 'ready' to the BG's and as their car creeped into the lighted area, they picked up on us being there. That piece of crap car couldn't back down that driveway fast enough. Mom called the kid's parents and they came out and took them home. Just another weeknight on the farm.

On a side note...we were kids back then...not adults. Our perception was that we would be putting holes in a car and being missed by them (sort of like a movie where no one gets hurt) and that it would be 'fun.' Nowadays, I completely realize that everything we did that night was 'macho' and stupid! We were kids and completely 'invincible' not humans who could be left bleeding, maimed, or killed! Now days, I would dial 911 unless they got out of their car, then use a HP rifle at a reasonable distance b/c BG's don't typically use long guns in the commission of crimes. And, I would score direct hits...none of this 'putting holes in someone's car for fun.' Wow, what a difference 25+ years makes on one's thinking!!!

I thank God that no one pulled a trigger that night...hey, we were just 'BS'in.'

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    !

I answered the door OCing and it was a guy and his young daughter selling Girl Scout cookies. I couldn't figure out why they acted so weird until I realized I was carrying :D

Not sure if we have met. Over in Ohio in the 80's I did a few weeks of door to door work. One day a really fat guy came to the door in a shoulder holster...... and tighty whities (nothing more). :n00b:

In my head was that great speach, "Just walk away. Leave..."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Turn on the porch lights, rack the 12 gauge, crack open the door, strobe them in the face with 135 lumens and demand that they state their business.

If they truly warrant my invitation to enter, I still make them wait outside until I put some pants on. :D
    BrainBleach.jpg

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    This happened just recently when one of my son's friends came over.

My wife hears a knock on the door. It's 11:30pm. No one we know comes over THAT late. My wife jumps up & gets me. I grab my pocket pistol & answer the door to find one of my son's girl friends. She was SCARED TO DEATH. She was actually crying & said "I thought I was going to get shot". It's funny because I don't think she KNEW I was armed. Poor kid. :D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Many years ago when I lived in town I heard the doorbell ring at a very early hour. I carried an H&K P7 at the time. Had it in my right hand and opened the door slowly with my left. It was a couple police officers. They wanted to talk about some drunk that creamed into the wife's car. I reached over and tucked the gun in a seat cushion as I opened the door for them. Didn't see the need to make anyone more nervous.

Where I am now I can see what is happening at the door before I open it. If it is unexpected I always alert the family in the room and then have a look see. Have had a couple lame salesmen and one legit need for assistance. Guess I decide when I see what it looks like if I will open the door. I am always armed if I don't know them though.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Many years ago when I lived in town I heard the doorbell ring at a very early hour. I carried an H&K P7 at the time. Had it in my right hand and opened the door slowly with my left. It was a couple police officers. They wanted to talk about some drunk that creamed into the wife's car. I reached over and tucked the gun in a seat cushion as I opened the door for them. Didn't see the need to make anyone more nervous.

i would have still kept it in my hand and they would have remained outside.

1. too many police impersonators doing home invasions and also i dont trust ANYONE i dont know.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Doorbell rang at 4am about 3 months ago. The wife went out to look and saw a man standing at the front. I grabbed the pistol and got to a position where I could take a better look. Then I could see it was an officer. Some punks broke into my truck and he could see the inside lights on in the truck as he was driving by. The adrineline was a flowin.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    In the middle of the night I would grab shotgun and speak to them through the door and give them directions or call police for them. During the day if our vehicles are in the garage with the door down I stay quiet grab a shotgun and wait. We don't have neighbors, we were burglarized a few years ago during the day while at work. I here some burglary rings target rural homes. Knock on the door and if someone answers they ask for directions, if know one answers they break in and go shopping. So during the day I stay quit and wait.

Top Bottom