• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll always answer the door. Try anything stupid and you might get a surprise though. It's always a good time seeing the face of a salesman as they stare at my right hand after they give their shpeal about what they're selling. I'll just tell them I'm not interested and if they persist, I just reholster and say no thanks, and shut the door. :D I've got one neighbor that likes to come over in the middle of the night cause he knows I'm up. He just likes to come shoot the :poop: and laugh at me when I jump up from the computer putting my hand down at my side! :):

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Happened once at Christmas.

Had a man knock banging at the door saying he was santa at 12:30 AM. Grabbed a Taurus 357 opened a 2nd story bedroom window above the front door to ask him what he wanted. He quickly realized he was at the wrong house when he saw me (he was the neighbor's father). I never showed the weapon but it was ready. He had to move away from the front door back into the driveway putting him in the light of the yard light to see me upstairs. Several advantages: distance, elevation, lighting, reaction time if he decided to come in and he could not see that I sleep in my birthday suit (OK the last one was probably to his advantage).:draw:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had this happen 5:00am on morninng. I armed up, got dressed, and went downstairs to find no-one there. I DID NOT OPEN the door. Never.

The two things I though alot about later was (1) could someone chatting to me behind the door be a distraction on another person coming in the back window, i.e. tunnelvision, and after reading about Argentina (2) I should have just opened the second story window and dealt with a person from there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had this happen 5:00am on morninng. I armed up, got dressed, and went downstairs to find no-one there. I DID NOT OPEN the door. Never.

The two things I though alot about later was (1) could someone chatting to me behind the door be a distraction on another person coming in the back window, i.e. tunnelvision, and after reading about Argentina (2) I should have just opened the second story window and dealt with a person from there.

Or it could have been neighbor kids knock-and-running you too... :dunno: We have that around here sometimes.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Had a man knock banging at the door saying he was santa at 12:30 AM. Grabbed a Taurus 357 opened a 2nd story bedroom window above the front door to ask him what he wanted. He quickly realized he was at the wrong house when he saw me (he was the neighbor's father). I never showed the weapon but it was ready. He had to move away from the front door back into the driveway putting him in the light of the yard light to see me upstairs. Several advantages: distance, elevation, lighting, reaction time if he decided to come in and he could not see that I sleep in my birthday suit (OK the last one was probably to his advantage).:draw:

elevated shot is a lot different. just saying, incase you havent practiced it. not saying ou havent, or didnt know, just throwing it out there for the info.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    i would ask myself: why are jehovahs witnesses trying to spew me propoganda at this time of night. then id answer the door naked except for a pistol in my hand just like i do to them during the daytime, they seem to dislike my windmill impersonation. i havent seen one at my door in 2 years. haha

Great technique, they almost never get past the first few lines of the old "This is my rifle, this is my gun...."

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My family and friends know that after 9 P.M. you don't call or come by unless someone's dying , a drunk uncle had to find out the hard way . :draw:

<<< Me and this guy ALWAYS answer the door .

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Curious what others would do if you were awakened in the middle of the night by the doorbell ringing. Seems the mainstream advice is to not "clear the house" if you suspect an intruder has broken in, but what about if someone knocks on the door?

Lol you won't. The only way I'd wake up is if someone kicked in my door, then......:ar15:Need I say more???

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I had some kids do the old knock and run at 3am , it really sounded as if the front door was about to be kicked in , they were camping in their back yard , and decided to hit about 6 homes , when the police left I could still hear the kids screaming , their mother was not very happy with them. The next day they came over to apologize , I told them it was o.k. I used to do the same thing , I was just smart enough to do it several streets away from my house , they got a laugh out of it , but their mother sure didn't. oh well kids will be kids , and I am sure they will never do that again.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    The last time someone rang my doorbell at night, I found a kid standing there soaking wet and scared. His dad had flipped over his ATV in my creek with him on it. I put my pants on and got my ATV and went and pulled him out.

Otherwise don't answer the door without a weapon.

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    yup. i pretty much fall into the, "if you need something, or are coming over, you should call me on the phone so i know you're coming" otherwise you're greeted by the .40 and/or the 12 gauge ;)

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Grab the XD, look through the peephole and decide whether or not to put one in the pipe! It would probably just end up being one of my drunk friends wanting a place to crash for the night. If it means them not getting a DUI i don't care but I will be up at the crack of dawn singing some bluegrass!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Grab the XD, look through the peephole and decide whether or not to put one in the pipe! It would probably just end up being one of my drunk friends wanting a place to crash for the night. If it means them not getting a DUI i don't care but I will be up at the crack of dawn singing some bluegrass!

I like the bluegrass idea, that will give a good extra headache. but try my way next time ........

get the "clear" koolade that changes color when wet. sprinkle it all inside your drunk friends sheets, on their pillow, on their face real good. as they sweat off the alcohol through the night the koolade will change their body the color of the koolade. PERSONALY, i like BLUE so that they look like a SMURF (i always liked the smurfs as a kid)

I can tell you from seeing it first hand: ITS STUPID FUNNY TO WATCH YOUR FRIENDS walk into work as a smurf!!! Or if you use multi colors, even more funny to hear them try to deffend that they werent at a GAY PRIDE PARADE!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I live in the country, unless I'm expecting the doorbell to ring I am armed when I answer. It's funny how cooperative the sales people are when they see you're not alone when you open the door!

I answered the door OCing and it was a guy and his young daughter selling Girl Scout cookies. I couldn't figure out why they acted so weird until I realized I was carrying :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

You don't KEEP one in the chamber? :dunno:

(you knew SOMEONE would say it :D )

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    When salesmen come to the door I have my son perform the "reverse knock". When the doorbell rings he will bang the door as hard as he can about 10 times. We then watch the salespeople literally run away from the house. Has me laughing my arse off every time.

Top Bottom