• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    WNIT's Politically Speaking show today was on gun control. Chief Teachman was one of the three gun control advocates on the panel of four. The fourth was close to making the panel unanimous

Teachman falls in line with the large city police chief's from Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc. He is no friend of gun owners at all.

The same subjects were gone over with various opinions to demonstrate how non biased the experts were. All four were against allowing teachers to be armed in schools.

The host, Elizabeth Bennion was as liberally biased as a professor and the Director of a "Democracy Project" can be.

The show repeats Monday @3:00 and will be posted on the WNIT website soon.

Tom Terrific

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Marshall County
    Why is it that big city people think the whole country needs to abide by their rules? Just because they live in fear and want the government to provide everything for them doesn't mean everyone does.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't let him get away with this.

Show up at the next South Bend City Council meeting and demand that the SBPD be disarmed, specifically the chief.

Demand that:

1. SBPD lead the way on "gun control" and turn in their guns while on duty.

2. Forbid SBPD from carrying their privately-owned guns off duty.

3. Make a condition of employment that SBPD officers do not own firearms.

4. SBPD publish their information concerning addresses and vehicles be made public information (just like they want to do to gun owners).

Get in their faces, punch back twice as hard.

Stop crying and thumb sucking, start fighting.

verredart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The people of South Bend complain constantly of the corruption, high taxes, code enforcement nazis, shady city real estate deals, selective police coverage - ad nauseum. But the ding-dongs just keep electing tax and spend Daley-machine Democrats to every office. Why don't they wake up ? If you hate what the pols do, then quit voting the twits into office...

Gotnout of SB 13 years ago thank God.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The demographics of the city are typical Democrat constituencies. They could run a child that talks like a twit and still get him elected mayor... oh wait, they did.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Show up at the next South Bend City Council meeting and demand that the SBPD be disarmed, specifically the chief.

Demand that:

4. SBPD publish their information concerning addresses and vehicles be made public information (just like they want to do to gun owners).

Kirk, correct me if I'm mistaken, but would your proposals 2 and 3 not violate the terms of IC 35-47-11.1-4?
    I especially take exception to forbidding them from carrying off-duty; rationale: In the role of an agent of government, I've long said that LEOs and other public officials do not have rights. They have powers and authority, but not rights while in that role. Hand in glove with that statement, however, is the fact that they are still human beings, and as such, have rights, but neither power nor authority more than any other citizen. Given that dichotomy, we can strip them of tool X, Y, or Z while in their official roles, but of nothing more nor less than any other law-abiding citizen while out of those roles.

If we support the removal of the lawful ability to exercise rights for some law-abiding citizens, we do so for all.

Your stated position will certainly turn heads, and on its face, it does make sense, but looking at it more closely, I cannot see how it would be right or even justifiable, and that's before looking at the IC I quoted. Doing that makes it bald-faced illegal (as opposed to "highly illegal" ;))

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Kirk, correct me if I'm mistaken, but would your proposals 2 and 3 not violate the terms of IC 35-47-11.1-4?
    I especially take exception to forbidding them from carrying off-duty; rationale: In the role of an agent of government, I've long said that LEOs and other public officials do not have rights. They have powers and authority, but not rights while in that role. Hand in glove with that statement, however, is the fact that they are still human beings, and as such, have rights, but neither power nor authority more than any other citizen. Given that dichotomy, we can strip them of tool X, Y, or Z while in their official roles, but of nothing more nor less than any other law-abiding citizen while out of those roles.

If we support the removal of the lawful ability to exercise rights for some law-abiding citizens, we do so for all.

Your stated position will certainly turn heads, and on its face, it does make sense, but looking at it more closely, I cannot see how it would be right or even justifiable, and that's before looking at the IC I quoted. Doing that makes it bald-faced illegal (as opposed to "highly illegal" ;))

Blessings,
    Bill
    Agreed, but if they are so adamant about limiting citizens rights to carry they should be willing to voluntarily lead the way to the promised gun free world by turning theirs in.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    And the verdict is...?

Who knows. The subject was supposedly vehemently discussed at the meeting but all I could find was this:
    Gun control was the focus of a heated Common Council meeting | ABC57 | South Bend IN News, Weather and Sports | Top Stories

Nothing in the paper or the 2 other TV news outlets. Not even a mention.

The big news that came out of the meeting and was reported by the paper and all 3 TV stations was a VERY IMPORTANT new ordinance requiring drivers to give bicycles 3 feet of room as you pass them:n00b:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    WNIT's Politically Speaking show today was on gun control. Chief Teachman was one of the three gun control advocates on the panel of four. The fourth was close to making the panel unanimous

Teachman falls in line with the large city police chief's from Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc. He is no friend of gun owners at all.

As is almost always the case, the police chief is a political HACK selected by the mayor as someone who's views reflect his own.

So in SB the problem starts in the mayor's office and the crap runs downhill.

If you live there, VOTE! (Or as they do in Chicago, vote early and vote often!)

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    One of my HS friends was there at the meeting for the 3 ft rule for bicyclists. I refer to it as the +3 bonus point rule. One of the better recieved comments was someone wanting reparations for gun owners being banned from carrying in the City Building. (It is connected via underground tunnel to the courthouse caddy-corner to it,)

Pitmaster, I think I'd have to disagree with you on the Casey Hendrickson making it an unanimous panel. I think he carried the conversation well, and brought in logic and facts in a cool, logical manner. On pure statistics and facts alone, he destroyed their arguments. If it had been a 2 on 2 discussion (say with Sheriff Rogers from Elkhart there), it would have been a total rout.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As is almost always the case, the police chief is a political HACK selected by the mayor as someone who's views reflect his own.

So in SB the problem starts in the mayor's office and the crap runs downhill.

If you live there, VOTE! (Or as they do in Chicago, vote early and vote often!)

We DO vote. The problem is we are vastly outnumbered. That's like blaming a conservative in Chicago for allowing Tiny Dancer to get elected.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The people of South Bend complain constantly of the corruption, high taxes, code enforcement nazis, shady city real estate deals, selective police coverage - ad nauseum. But the ding-dongs just keep electing tax and spend Daley-machine Democrats to every office. Why don't they wake up ? If you hate what the pols do, then quit voting the twits into office...

Gotnout of SB 13 years ago thank God.

There's a reason why people like me rarely live in places like that. No job is worth peace of mind.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    One of my HS friends was there at the meeting for the 3 ft rule for bicyclists. I refer to it as the +3 bonus point rule. One of the better recieved comments was someone wanting reparations for gun owners being banned from carrying in the City Building. (It is connected via underground tunnel to the courthouse caddy-corner to it,)

Did you know licensed gun owners in texas can use their license to "swipe in" government buildings - bypassing the metal detectors?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Demand that:

Im to afraid to cross the SBPD, they seem like the type to hold grudges. Officer Maxey might send a 5 year old girl to disarm me!

Top Bottom