• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "Newtown Action Alliance, an advocacy group formed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, objected to a "Starbucks Appreciation Day" Friday, saying the community was still healing. The group encouraged Starbucks to evaluate its policy allowing guns in their stores."

Apparently, the community has healed enough to handle the anti-gun rhetoric but not enough for peaceful, gun carrying citizens to have a coffee.

The illogic never ends. It does, however, become more illogical.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well as usual, even after I explained things to my Barista it was a big non-event here in Terre Haute. If there was anyone else there and they missed me they must be blind, I was in my brightest colored Tie Dye right in front in the comfy chairs reading from m y Kindle Fire and sipping my Hot Chocolate with cinnamon. I stayed until I was done with the stuff so I could head home for a quick shot of insulin as the stuff was chock full of tasty sugar. Felt my toes go numb so I thought it was time to go shoot up before I passed out. :n00b: Should have remembered to bring some of that stuff with me too but I guess I was in a bit of a hurry to get there for the lunch rush. :cool:

My Barista was appreciative enough and spent the next few minutes pointing at me and telling the rest of the staff why I had the gun on my hip so prominently. One person in the comfy area asked me what was up after seeing her do this and I told him what was going on and he even sai something I thought was rather appropriate, "Good for you. Make M.A.D. Mad." So I guess it wasn't a complete non-event though the guy was a traveler from Iowa stopping for a quick coffee as he passed through town.

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville

Translation: We disagree with your point of view, so shut up.

"Newtown Action Alliance, an advocacy group formed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, objected to a "Starbucks Appreciation Day" Friday, saying the community was still healing. The group encouraged Starbucks to evaluate its policy allowing guns in their stores."

Apparently, the community has healed enough to handle the anti-gun rhetoric but not enough for peaceful, gun carrying citizens to have a coffee.

The illogic never ends. It does, however, become more illogical.

They say their town is still healing? We are supporting a company that supports the government's regulations, not putting up a statue of the man behind the trigger. Smh. Healing? Or manipulating words and emotions to fit your agenda?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    They say their town is still healing? We are supporting a company that supports the government's regulations, not putting up a statue of the man behind the trigger. Smh. Healing? Or manipulating words and emotions to fit your agenda?

Well you see here the problem is that you are thinking. You need to stop doing that before it will make sense.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    I am guessing you took that pic once you got home? I hope you're not unholstering your gun at Starbucks.

Yeah. :laugh: Drive through since I had my boys with me. The register jockey got all sour faced when I said thanks for the 2A support. Maybe they didn't know?

This thread was lacking pictures, so I thought I'd toss one up. I mean, it's the internet. Pics or it didn't happen, right? :dunno:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, it was all me at Terre Haute as usual and I OCed. The Baristas were fine with it and expressed support for the whole idea.

I didn't stay but an hour though. There were no protestors to annoy and it was just me who had any idea why I was there with a gun on so it sort of lacked any sort of Press Value if you know what I mean.

I didn't even upset anyone in the crowd which sort of bummed me out. :):

Like I said erlier, only one person had a clue and he was the one who told me to have a good time making M.A.D. mad.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Like their products, but don't really worry about their stance on CC on their property because I would do so anyway. I am glad that they at least follow each respective state's laws on the gun issue just the same and just don't dismiss all guns out of hand.:twocents:

Top Bottom