• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is just an idea lol. I am just throwing this out there...do not dig a hole just yet(or lock and load so to speak). Why not start a gun buy back program,where the people buying the guns actually want them lol? We can call it "Safe America" because we are the ones keeping it that way. ie a group of gun loving Americans who buy guns from those who do not want them.
    Just an idea.

:popcorn:

ps.put me down for 4 100 dollar gift cards lol

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I have actually thought about this before. The problem I found is the probability of recieving stolen guns, and that ain't good.

ETA: I would've run a newspaper ad offering $50 for gun buy backs.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well could we not have LEO involvement? Have them run the guns and any that are "stolen" immediately turned over to the police. And for all the ones that are not stolen set up a lottery for all who contributed to the buy back(each "clean" weapon gets a raffle ticket number...each member who contributes gets one ticket per 50 or 100 dollars). make it random on who gets what.Have a non involved person draw and tape the ticket to the clean weapons. Who ever has that ticket gets it :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I predict alot of fights

You did that to make me mad, didn't you?:D

This idea has been proposed on IGO before when I proposed "handgun offsets" (like the goofy medieval "carbon offsets" that the Druids propose).

Guilty white liberals in Chicago would send me money and I would buy handguns in order to keep the guns "off the streets". I get my photo taken with Mayor Daley with one of those oversized checks which I then take to the gun store.:D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I'd cough up a few hundred bucks at least

I don't gamble; I know too much math. The idea of "coughing up" a few hundred bucks to be used, most likely, to buy a gun for someone else doesn't appeal.

I would, however, be willing to buy some guns outright to help "get them off the street."

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    There was an IN church who pulled this off a year or two ago, offering cash to get guns off of the streets. I am uncertain of how many items they actually received, but it made News 8 & 13, and sounded fairly successful. I think the guns that they did receive were handed over to be destroyed though. :( Sorry I can't remember any more of the details.

I am in agreement that it is a good idea. Rather than a raffle, I would almost treat it as a consortium buy, with each individual recieving a credit in the amount they donated. Then they can come in pick out those that they want personally and use their credit for purchasing. To keep it fair and reduce conflict, each person would only be able to pick one at a time until everyone has had the chance, or you could treat it like an auction. Does someone want to use their entire credit to purchase one piece, or do they want to spread it out?

Just some other ideas!

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I don't gamble; I know too much math. The idea of "coughing up" a few hundred bucks to be used, most likely, to buy a gun for someone else doesn't appeal.

I would, however, be willing to buy some guns outright to help "get them off the street."

Um... 1 raffle ticket per 50 bucks, 1 gun for 50 bucks... that pretty much assures me each 50 bucks is buying me something,

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I say 1 'unit' get you one gun... completely random. Any money left over would go back to the people that didn't get a gun, if any guns were stolen and surrendered to police well sorry but tough luck, you lose.

Top Bottom